Saturday, August 4, 2012

Unni Anam style! (credits to Yi Fong)

I'm so so sorry for not blogging yesterday. ):
I wasn't in the right frame of mind to, and I only want to bring you the best blog posts... So, please pardon me!

To make up for it, I'll do a long post covering two days, alright?

Thursday, 2 Aug 2012
I effectively only went for Social Psychology class today~
Today's lecture was about Self. Like how we view ourselves as a person, and how people view us.

After that, Shireen and I had a lunch of 치즈 김밥 (Cheese Kimbap). I wanted to go to developmental psychology class to take a photo with Prof. Youngstrom, but we didn't have enough time in the end because we took long for lunch. ):

I couldn't attend the class because I had a field trip, and had to leave KU early.

And guess where we went for field trip...
MBC at 여의도 (Yeouido)! And this is their main building~
Anyway I signed up for the 3pm tour, but we reached there about 2pm. Had so much time to spare, so I went to sit in a cafe around with a few of the others who were going for the 3pm tour too.
They were nice and took this picture for me!

The weather was really, really, hot. Could feel my skin getting tanner! >.<
The skies were pretty clear and there wasn't a lot of shade around either... In any case, another photo of MBC building from a distance...
Friends and I then decided to walk to a cafe to get a cool drink and just chill in the air-conditioned room. So we went to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf nearby! I had an ice tea. The way I ordered it was so funny, confidently, I said, "아이스 티 하나 주세요~" (Basically I told her that I'd have an ice tea.) And then she started speaking Korean really fast and I couldn't understand, but I heard her say something about berries, so I just nodded my head.

In the end I got myself a Swiss berries ice tea~
Refreshing drink on a hot summer's day! But really pricey! >.<

We sat and we chatted, until it was almost time to get back to MBC to start our tour.
Main lobby! It was a really cool place. You probably heard of the MBC strike, but today we didn't see any of that, and the people there were still being friendly and all.

We were brought to the radio studios first, and it was really cool seeing all the awesome equipment. I think we saw the room that JoKwon and Gain were in during their WGM episode. But unfortunately, we aren't allowed to take photos of the radio studio.

Our guide Mr. Noh explained the wall of MBC Radio Golden Mouth to us. Those who had their lower face moulded here are DJs that have worked for over 20 years!
There was a really cute collection of mini radios on the wall nearby too. Prof. Park seems so fascinated by them!

We were then brought to see some sets, and you might find this really familiar.. Ready?

WGM set! The set was really small actually, and they explained that the cameras they use made things look 10% bigger, so they purposely designed the set to be smaller such that it will look natural size on television! Wow!!!!!
어늘 아침 set! I haven't watched this seriously before, but I do recognize the set (: This set was really, really pretty!

We then went to look at drama sets...

I forgot what show this is, but it is currently an ongoing series...

We were also brought to an awesome room where I saw the LARGEST BLUE SCREEN EVER!
I've always wanted to do blue screen with chromakey, but never got to try it! >.< And this blue screen is simply too awesome! Super huge~ ^_^

We then went to look at this auditorium where many shows used to be held, but not anymore, since they now have a bigger, better auditorium in another of MBC's buildings. ):

The tour ended pretty quickly~ And we were given a souvenir each!
A screen cleaner handphone strap with Infinity Challenge in Korean on it <3

We headed back after that and I had a good nap on the bus. And then went back to Frontier straight...

And I had a pleasant surprise when I reached Frontier because...
I received my parcel~!! Got my delivery of the polaroid camera I bought on Qoo10!
However, the Pooh polaroids I ordered weren't included so I'm a little disappointed. Trying to inform the sellers to check again... >.<

The camera came on time because CaiLi and I were going to go for dinner with our buddies!
We went to have 삼겹살 (SamGyupSal) around Anam. I found it really delicious! ^_^
Yummy, no? Actually I only had this about once, and this time it was really delicious.

After dinner, we went to Korea University to show CaiLi the way to the Post Office, and we took a few pictures~ I decided to use my polaroid camera for the first time...
And my first polaroid photo...
Yay! But to make photos last a little longer and to share memories, we took another using my digicam...
Woohoo~ Buddy photo! ^_^

After that, we just went back to Frontier while 승익 오빠 and 동한 씨went for some chicken with friends.

Friday, 3 Aug 2012
Woke up, and left hostel early to settle some stuff. Then, Shireen, Yi Fong, WanLin, and Elizabeth invited me to go have porridge for brunch at 본죽~
I got myself an abalone porridge, and it was very very delicious! =p
After which we walked all the way back to CJ to board the bus to Jeongdong for our Friday programme, which is to watch Nanta performance...

We still had some time before the show started so we hung around at Dunkin' Donuts. I bought myself an AppleCoco Coolatta...
Tasty, refreshing stuff! But according to Victoria, it's too sweet for her liking >.<

After which I celebrated my arrival of my Instax camera, and took a photo for Shireen &Yi Fong, as well as WanLin & Elizabeth. And gave them to polaroid ^_^

I also took the opportunity to snap one with Yi Fong! (I took one with Shireen later during the day...)
They both turned out well, hehe~ (:

And when time was almost up, we went to watch our Nanta performance!
I'll be honest and tell you here: This is the 3rd time I'm watching this...
And I still found it funny, and I still laughed =p

When it was over, Victoria and bunch asked me to follow them, which I did. Apparently they were going for some celebrities thing.... But oh wells.

We had a meal first before they went on with their activities.
제육비빔밥 for me! I have no idea what 제육 really means, but the staff explained that there was pork in this one, and it was cheaper than 전주비빔밥 so I just took it (:
Enjoyed this meal too ^_^ And after that they went to...
JYP Fan day! I didn't go in coz I didn't have a ticket, and Shireen was really nice and she accompanied me to roam around the place while the rest explored the inside!
Special really grateful thanks to Shireen~ She is super awesome! *

We first walked around trying to look for a cafe when we found Paris Baguette Cafe. Shireen got a Hot Chocolate, and I got myself a Iced Green Tea Latte.
 

Shireen noticed that the cardboard at the bottom of her coffee cup is actually a suit for the little guy! That explains why the cup has eyes! Super cute!

After that we went to walk around some more but didn't managed to find any interesting places, so we walked back to the Fan Day location, but they were still not done yet. Thus we walked to a the CJ building thing...
We actually went in there to use the washroom, and we did. But we ended up being fascinated by the circular windows and took some photos.

We were fascinated by the view of the place too ^_^
We stood there for quite some time looking at the cars go by. And then when we got bored, we went back to Fan Day again, but they were still not done inside >.<

We then went around trying to find a good place to chill, like a cafe. But we were both not wanting to have anymore drinks!!! And then, we passed by Tom N Toms. And through the glass, we saw an uncleared table with the empty cups still there.

We had this smart idea of just going in, sit at that table and pretend that those finished drinks were ours. -evil grin-
So we sat there, used their Wifi, played Tap Tap Revenge 3, and then Boon Loong called to tell us that they were done!

We also went ahead and cleared the tray for the previous customers =p

And thus, we took the subway back to Frontier. (:

End of day~

Oh yea, if you're wondering why my title is 언니 안암 스타일! (Unnie Anam Style!) Recently Gangnam Style has been quite popular, and it's been stuck in our heads there few days.
Then Shireen told me that Yi Fong exclaimed to her once, 'Unni Anam Style!'

XD I thought it was pretty cool~

So... Yea, finally done with this long post! Hope you had as much fun reading as I had writing it (:

As usual, a smile for you~
Thanks for reading and I wish you a great day ahead! ^_^

1 comment: