Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Typhoon Bolaven - You bad little thing!

Most days I stay in for my own reasons. Mostly because it saves money, and I get to do all the reading and stuff that I never had time to handle. Especially now, staying in a more-or-less permanent place, I get to finally sit down with all my stuff displayed, and take my time to give them their well-deserved attention.

But today, we all had to stay in because we HAVE to. Because of this thing called: TYPHOON.
Typhoon Bolaven to be honest.

Seungik 오빠 was supposed to fly off today, and he is actually still here now, because his flight is at night. He was so worried last night when he heard about the typhoon. Although I very much want him to stay in Korea, he still has to go explore the world... So I pray that he manages to get on his flight on time and reach Sweden on time.

Have a good flight, take care of yourself, and don't forget about me!

Woke up really early this morning, and found the wifi a really irritating thing.

Then slept back again and a while later we could hear the winds howling outside. Though, it wasn't anything huge, just some really strong winds. Fortunately.
The skies didn't look too scary. Just typical storm feel.

We ate noodles for breakfast. Cheese bokki. Tara was hungry and I felt bad for her, so I gave her my other cheese bokki. And we ate happily.

I started doing and reading Korean after the simple meal and basically focused on that the entire day. I realize I'm really bad at the section where we have to identify the wrong sentence among 4 sentences. Thankfully there are only two questions like that in the paper, and I usually get one right while the other is wrong. And oftentimes I have to consult 오빠 because I just don't seem to see why one is wrong!

But overall, self-marking... Things seem to be well. So I don't think I have to worry about failing. I just have to worry about maintaining the standard so I can make it for TOPIK Basic 2!
Good luck to me! >.<

Tara took a nap, which was a wise choice actually, looking at the weather.

It was evening soon and we got a little hungry so we went down to Global Plaza to see what we could get. But we realized that the main cafeteria was closed, so we decided to grab a burger at Burger and Shake for dinner.
Just a simple shrimp burger and some fries with a drink. The shrimp burger was really delicious though.Yum yum.

So that was basically how I whiled my typhoon day away. Tomorrow should be a better day, but I seriously don't foresee myself going out. It's kind of hard to want to go out so often when you've been here for 2 months.

I will probably go out shopping when the weather starts turning cold and I find myself in need of some long sleeved outfits for fall or winter.

(:

Despite my very boring day, I shall end it with a smile.
Yeah, look at that, my stayhome face. Some joys in life come from things that don't have to be specifically mentioned, felt with the heart is all it takes! (:

When you have a bad day, just smile! (Not like I had a bad day.)
But for readers out there, if you have a dream to fulfill, go for it!

Thank you for reading!

1 comment: