Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chilsung Cider?

Monday, 27 Aug 2012
I woke up at about 12, similarly for Tara. We were both hungry. I had initially wanted to have some cheese bokki, but Tara said that we should go out for brunch, so I just went with her.

We ended up getting sandwiches at Sand Presso.
Tara had a tuna sandwich, while I had a crab mix with salad sandwich. It came in a set, so we both had Cafe Latte. Pretty unusual for me as I don't usually drink coffee much. 

The coffee wasn't sweet, so we had to add sugar in it. Especially since I am not a seasoned coffee drinker... 

The portion for the sandwiches is really huge! I can't even finish the sandwich and left like a small chunk. Then drank the coffee and we're done. 

Tara wanted to go for the orientation talks, unlike me. And besides, I was wearing the KU shirt! One does not wear the KU shirt and goes for Yonsei orientation, that's just courting death. So after walking her to the auditorium thing, I walked back to I-House and spent my entire day reading and writing Korean.

I also listened to music and revisited the other songs in my iTunes playlist. For a long time, I've been listening to more kpop than anything, and haven't really touched the other songs in my library. But I come to realize my favourite artistes again, from YouTube - David Choi, DaveDays... Wow.

Inspirational.

When evening came, I walked down to Global Plaza as there were shops there! I bought myself a lunchbox for dinner. (Oh, the irony)
It looked really simple but it was so filling! I couldn't finish the rice. The kimchi looks funny too so I didn't try any of it. I bought a drink as well..
Oh yeah, Chilsung Cider.
I still remember the first time I was in Korea I was wondering what on earth Chilsung Cider is. I didn't even know what cider meant, but definitely not something I've ever tried... Or something that most people would like since I've never heard the word 'cider' in Singapore.

And I only tried it on this third time to Korea, and just because Shireen bought one and let me try.

It tasted exactly like Sprite/7-UP. But something about it makes it nicer... Hmm.
In any case, after the first time I tried it, it was something I'd buy when I'm thirsty, haha! The design on the can is pretty cute too.. Has a star on it, which definitely attracts me =P

The night went past pretty fast. 

We were informed the past few days that a typhoon is hitting Seoul on Tuesday (which is today as I'm typing this.). Though to be honest, there were rains and howling winds but other than that it was no big deal. Probably because Seoul is not a coastal city and is very sheltered from such things.

Those at the coast definitely would not have it good though. I hope they're doing fine.

I shall end off today's post for yesterday here then~ Really short, I know..
Small guilty smile for you too! ^^

Thanks for reading! And all your patience in waiting for this post =p
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment