Tuesday, August 21, 2012

TB Test?

I had initially planned to wake up at 8.30am today so that I can go to the Public Health Center early. However, the rain made such a soothing sound and the bed was so comfortable that I woke up late - at 10.30am.

The two girls in the other room moved out today, so for most of the day I had the entire room to myself! But I had to go to the health center anyway so I just washed up, changed, and left.

I decided to go to the Seodaemun-Gu Public Health Center because it seemed nearer and the website had clearer instructions than the one for Mapo-Gu.

But I walked out to Sinchon station and was totally lost too. Although the buses stated were clear, I didn't know exactly where to stop, or where to take the bus! Eventually I saw the Seodaemun03 bus driving past and saw where people boarded the other seodaemun(#) shuttle buses and just waited there.

So I took the Seodaemun03 shuttle bus, which is like a feeder service because they charge 750won instead of the usual fare of 1,050won. But then, I didn't know where to stop and the bus seemed to go really far so I stopped randomly and checked the map, and then realized I haven't gone far enough yet. Yeah yeah, wasted money on 3G searching for maps.

And I had to board another Seodaemun03 bus because it started raining and I didn't want to walk in the rain. At last, I saw the Health Center, which was just really near the busstop. And at the Health Center, everything is in Korean. @_@ So I had to slowly read, and after some asking, realized that the TB management center was on the 2nd floor so I went up.

It was already past 11am, and they will close for lunch at 12pm!

But anyways, I rushed and made it on time, and they registered me without a problem. I was initially worried because in Singapore, if you wanted to get an X-ray for such issues, you need a 'prescription' from the doctor before the polyclinic does it for you. But here, it's like, register, and tell them it's for school and they just get your passport/ID, and contact number, and good to go!

I had to go up one more floor for the X-ray. And the weirdest thing is that they didn't collect any money from me? It's either I did something wrong, or that is really the way... In any case, I can go back tomorrow to collect the report and everything would be done. Cool.
And I shall remember to ask about payment. It's just really weird that they didn't collect payment from me.
And guess what, everything was accomplished before 12pm.
Awesome much?!
In Singapore, polyclinics are never this quick. Trust me.

So I just grabbed some lunch and went back to the guesthouse. And I wanted to do laundry but Mr. Manager says no, because the sky is overcast. At this rate I'm never gonna get my laundry done... So I just did some 'light laundry' which can be hung around in my room.

And there was still so much time, I managed to navigate myself from here to my future hostel using Naver Maps! Yea, like I totally can instruct the cab driver how to get there now -_-
I even drew a rough map for reference!

I waited till evening and then I showered and went out to have dinner at the usual shop near Chocolate.
When I entered, the people there were all so welcoming, and this ahjumma she asked if I needed three seats, and I was like... '혼자...' (which means alone..) and she was all motherly and told me to sit down and got me a menu...

She then pointed to the opposite seats to mine and said, '암마, 아빠..' and I laughed and nodded my head... O_O

SHE REMEMBERS THAT MY FAMILY USED TO EAT THERE A LOT!!!

;_; So touched... So touched...

Well, I ordered a Seollongtang and ate very happily.

Then a took a stroll around Sinchon, and today I went to Daiso to buy a few things.
I went out almost without my umbrella today coz I left it out to dry and the other family that moved in today conveniently brought it out with them and I had no umbrella left ):

And it started drizzling heavily so I hurriedly ran home... In the rain! >.<

And when I reached back, I couldn't find the key to the main door! I checked under the pot, and inside the pot.. but the key was nowhere to be seen! But I just pulled the door, and it opened to find the entire new family who just moved in today...

Fortunately, my little pink umbrella is back in the umbrella stand! Phew.

So I just went into my room, until I heard a knock on my door.. When I opened, these three girls were standing there, holding an ice cream for me!!!
But they just stood there and didn't say anything and I wasn't sure if I should accept it or what... But I did, anyway, and said thank you politely while making small talk with them in Korean.
Apparently they were Japanese-Korean bilingual! Coz I heard them conversing in both languages. The kids prefer Japanese so I assume they are from Japan~

Yep, and that concludes my day~ ^^

Before I go, a smile for you!
Korea University! Rawks! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment