Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Reunion~!

Today, was a really tough day. I woke up only a little bit late, and the rest of the people in my room haven't woken up yet. Some people were in the living room already though. Washed up and packed everything neatly.

Then I picked up the courage to walk out to the main road to flag a cab. I at first stood at the side and couldn't bring myself to flag a cab! Coz I didn't know how to explain the situation to the cab driver...
The situation being: He first needs to drive to HEY Backpackers, then wait for me to load my many luggages in, and then drive to Sinchon, which is only one subway station away!

But I took a deep breath after a long time, and raised my hand to flag. I was actually aiming for a younger driver, but suddenly this cab swerved in towards me, and it was a grumpy elderly man! >.<
Oh my goodness, I was just really stressed at that point and tried to explain the situation to him in my limited Korean, and he started to get really pissed.

So I rushed to get my items and a guy from the hostel helped me. And we drove along to Sinchon... I still had to explain to him how to get to the new hostel! >.< So I hurriedly called the staff and got them to explain the way to the uncle.

Thank goodness it worked really well and the driver got there really quickly. When we reached, I gave him twice the amount of the fare, and he was immediately not pissed at all. Phew. Seriously.

Well anyways I settled the admin stuff and the planning first. But I reached at about 11am, and check-in time was at 1pm!
So anyways I went off to wait for my parents' arrival at one of the bus stops along Sinchon.

I waited for a long time but couldn't find them! >.< I had no choice but to call them on their phone and had Dad tell me that they were opposite Hyundai Departmental Store. So I walked all the way there because I thought they would stop at the next busstop...

And when I reached the busstop, they weren't there!

Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice calling me from the opposite side, AT the departmental store! @_@ Argh! Seriously! I told him to stay there and not move!!!
It's so irritating, under the hot sun!!!

Well, in any case I met them and they were both melting under the sun. We had much time left, so I brought them to the nearby Twosome Place, and had a patbingsu!
Yep, Citron Bingsu! :D

Well, we all enjoyed it and we stayed there for awhile until about 1pm, where we made our way to Alpha Backpackers. We settled pretty well in our room. Unpacked a little because we decided to ship some stuff home first, since we had to help Jacq and Kangwei ship.

And after a brief lunch of 설렁탕 (Seollongtang), we headed up to Chocolate to pick up the items, then took a cab to Yonsei University Korea Post to post it. A pretty interesting experience!
Then I took them to walk down the shopping streets of Sinchon, and stopped by U-plex.
We managed to get stuff for Dad, which is an accomplishment because usually it's not easy to get guy's stuff right!!! And it's their first shopping purchase here too~ Wanted to get to FaceShop but they haven't opened it yet ):

My parents thus decided to head back to hostel already because they said they were a little tired. Sow e headed back, and rested and headed back out again to get some food ^^

Well, the day kinda ended like that.

I wanted to shower but had to wait for the others to finish showering... They took too long to shower! I think one of them took about 30 minutes or more! -_- Even with my wound and whatnot, I definitely take less than that!

So oh wells. Stayed up till late for some oovoo before I went to sleep!

Before I end off, here's a smile for you!
Catch ya later~!! ^^

2 comments: