Friday, August 17, 2012

Stitch-Off Day~ One step to pretty!

So I've missed posts recently.. Hmm, sorry, but I'll do double posts if I do, alright? I get so tired now and the room is really cramped. I don't have a good table in the room so it's pretty uncomfortable for me to type and whatnot.

Let's begin!

Wednesday, 15 Aug 2012
Well we woke up pretty late because it was raining. And boy did it rain the whole day! Wanted to do some laundry but couldn't, because Alpha didn't have dryer at all. I seriously miss being a resident in Chocolate! Oh Chocolate, why did you not have rooms anymore?!

It was a really unproductive day because of the rain, and it was inconvenient for me to walk around. So I spent the morning trying to settle some immigration and visa issues. And booked an appointment online. The annoying thing is that I don't have a printer -_- So I just stored the receipt onto a thumbdrive.

We then went out to D-Cube City! Needed an indoor place to walk thanks to the rain, and since I haven't been there, I decided to bring my parents along as well. Had a simple lunch of friend rice there.
There was really bright yellow light shining onto the plate and my camera, being excessively smart, decided that this was a sunset shot. Well done, camera, now we have a plate of yellowness. -_-

And we walked around the stores. Found a water bottle that I like that could replace the one that seemed broken. It's a Lock&Lock brand bottle that has little whales on it ^_^ Really sweet!

Walked around and took a look at stuff but to be honest there wasn't anything much to buy. A huge reason being I wasn't in a mood to buy anything at all, until I shift into my school's hostel!
But there was one thing that made me smile.....

PORORO PARK!!!



My mum helped me take these, I actually helped her take some too, but I shan't post them here =p

After we were done walking, we decided to head back. And stepped outside for a little to realized that the rain finally let up ^_^
We were a little tired so we took the subway back to Ewha University station so we could take a walk around and see if there was anything to buy. I managed to buy myself a piece of clothing and mum bought a pair of pants. She also paid for an Etude nail art painter~

We went to The FaceShop because we needed to help mum's friend find a certain product (which at one look, it's obviously only sold in tourist shops). But anyways, mum needed to get herself an awesome comb. We went in and the first thing I heard was the customers near the cashier - Singaporeans. It was really 'diulian', you know coz there was some commotion and it wasn't a pretty sight.

But we just asked for some advice, bought our stuffs and paid. I think the staff were pleased that we weren't demanding and gave us a pack of samples, just like that ^_^

We then walked back to Sinchon from Ewha, and after walking around, found a place to eat.
Army stew (부대찌개)!! It was really, really spicy though >.< But I thought it was delicious despite the spice. They also had sausages in the set meal...

Nice environment.. There are even celebrity autographs at the entrance! Nice!

And after all that eating, I conveniently forgot to look for a print shop. Thank goodness after a short stroll we found a printshop, that was already closed so we could save the trouble of looking for one in the morning the next day...

Thursday, 16 Aug 2012
Woke up on time today. Even though mum panicked at 5.58am and thought we were all late. I just checked the time on my phone and went back to sleep.

So the first thing we did was to head down to the print shop we found yesterday to print out whatever documents I need. And while I was doing that, important business, Dad was just whipping out his camera to take pictures of me at the print shop. Seriously. -_-

We then headed to Seoul Immigrations Office at Omokgyo. It was a super long walk under the sun, and we were so worried we would not be able to find it! But we did in the end~ Also, thanks to the appointment made, the waiting time was reduced by a lot. And the application process for D-2 visa was smooth ^^

We then had a leisurely breakfast at nearby Paris Baguette (I'm sure Shireen will miss this!)
Mine was the Egg and Shrimp sandwiches~ Really delicious and filling! Paris Baguette even had free wifi for use!

We then took the subway to Anam to go visit the doctor. Was so tired that I slept almost all the way. Thank goodness for available seats.

Today is Stitch-Off day! I had to wait a little longer due to more patients being there today...
I kinda have a feeling that the staff at the ER know me already because of my name. It's not frequent you have a foreigner, and a 슈링카산드라(님~ like they call me, haha), so when I register myself at the front desk they're all like 'Ahhh... 슈링카산드라...'

My stitch was removed by, I suppose, he's an intern. The whole situation was really cute actually. Coz I was just there lying on the bed.. And the Emergency doctor just called this intern guy over to do the stitch-off. And he seemed pretty anxious, to be honest.

So a really kind, mummy-looking nurse came over to help him. I was totally fine and cool with the intern by the way, just so you know. At first he couldn't pull the stitches off, and he wanted to go find something else that helps him to see better.. Then the nurse just said, 'pen light?' and pulled it out of his front pocket, just like that! And everything went pretty well, until this oldish senior doctor came by and looked at him doing stuff...
I think the senior doctor was joking with the intern or something, because the intern tried really hard to keep his cool (but i could still see his smile on his face from where I was), and went, '선생님...!' in those kinda tone that sounded like, 'not a good time to joke now...'

So well, everything went smoothly and I am officially stitch-free! Except for the little furry thing that sleeps with me every night.

After being liberated, we walked along Anam and stopped by Miss & Mr Potato for a snack!
I got myself a Special Cheese Potato again, and my parents got themselves a Sweet Chilli Potato.
Sore throat still there but who cares if it's nice fries like these!

And then my parents wanted to see Hangang River so badly that even though it was really early to go, we still went anyway. So we just went and took a few photos. Most of the time I just sat under the bridge and watched the world go by. Took two polaroids for myself and my parents.
Looks nicer at night, actually.

When we were about to leave, this uncle said hi to us and talked to us after realizing we're from Singapore. So we spent some time chatting with him because he said he's been to Singapore.

And after some chatting we left and came back to Sinchon... And we had dinner!

The famous 소갈비 that Jacqueline and Kangwei insists we gotta try while we're there!

Well, a little pricey but I think it was well worth the money! The portion was good, so we were really satisfied. Also, the taste was awesome. Too awesome to describe in text. I think it's the first time my mum actually said any beef tasted good! >.<

After that we went to Grand Mart to pick up some snacks and went back to Alpha to rest.

So I can rest! ^^

Anyway I'll give you two smiles today in celebration of Stitch-Off~
Before!

After!
Lol my thumb looks funny in the After photo =x
Anyway, yea the wound doesn't look very pretty now... It's quite ugly now, so I'll not post the unexposed one... When it's healed a little more I'll post~ Heehee!

Thanks for reading! Have a great day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment