Monday, August 13, 2012

Solo-ing!

This is the first day in Korea that I'm actually truly alone!

It was difficult to sleep last night... The room was too warm. And sleeping on the top bunk, while safe, is really hot because hot air rises >.< I just tossed and turn and couldn't fall asleep. I woke up again and went to get a cup of cold water.

Thank goodness after that I manage to sleep some. I woke up a little later then. And walked out to get breakfast. Perhaps because it's a Sunday, Hongdae cafes were all not open yet! I found a Cafe Noah, and stepped in.

I hoped to get a drink and some food. I ordered toast, but the girl said there is no toast. -_- What? Toast is the simplest thing to make and you don't have toast?! Oh well, so I just ordered an orange-ade. While enjoying my drink, I realized it started to rain. So I just picked up my things (and my drinks) and ran back to HEY. I stopped by 7-11 to grab some apple biscuits. I had to eat something to consume my medication >.<

I sat at the common area and ate while watching TV. I took longer than expected to finish my food. The French guy, whose name I don't know, talked to me again. He's a nice guy, really funny too! (:

(But it seems he checked out? I don't see him around anymore...)

After that, I charged my phone while oovoo-ing ^^
I waited till full charge before I left HEY and made my way to Anam.

Had to go to Anam to go for a follow-up, to change my dressing on my wound.

The doctor was nice! It's a same doctor that saw me two days ago. He speaks English really fluently, and could even make small talk.

So today he was all like asking me how's it, and asked if I told my parents. I said yes, but they weren't very angry with it or anything. And he laughed at that.

He peeled the plaster off and then commented, 'You know, it'll hurt less if you peeled this off yourself!'
And then he took a look at it and asked, 'Do you want to take a look at it?' And pointed at the mirror. And oh my goodness, it really had 4 stitches!

(Joke moment: I now have 5 stitches. 4 on my chin, and one Stitch on my bed who sleeps with me every night =p, or 6 actually - the Stitch iPhone case that Elgin gave me as a present.)

It was a larger wound than I expected it to be. But it seemed alright. So then the Dr. left the room saying, he'll go get a second opinion before he cleans it up and put a new dressing on.
Is that part of their safety protocol? Because getting second opinion seems really good too.

So while he was gone I took a photo of the stitch on my phone. I won't post it here coz it might be scary to the faint-hearted.

He came back with an ER doctor... The same position as the dude who stitched the chin up two days ago. He came in and kinda like grabbed my head and lifted it up really quick -_- And said ok looks good.

After which, the nice Dr. put some ointment on the wound. And put a dressing over it. Strangely, the ointment or something occasionally makes the wound itch and sting. -_-

But otherwise, it was all done and I was free to go. Went to explore Hana Square after that!

It's a really cool place, and I had Lotteria for lunch/dinner.
Big Beef Burger! Really yummy, but I took a long time to eat...
Can't open my mouth too wide because it'll cause the wound to sting a bit.

Walked around, and found the piano!
And there were people playing it! I waited until they were done and went ahead to play on it. My Through the Kaleidoscope is terrible now... Super sad. I used to play it flawlessly! ):

After that I just hung around a little and then went back.

Was kinda tired already. So I slacked around before I went to shower and have been on the computer since, and talking to people on the phone ^^

Mummy and Daddy (my real ones!) are coming to visit tomorrow! Hooray~ Hope everything goes well!

Sorry for the short post today~ But I'll give you a smile and wish you a good day!
The plaster is prettier now, coz the nice Doctor asked the nurse to give me the brown tape instead of white plaster. Heehee~

See you~

1 comment: