Thursday, August 23, 2012

Last days of slack...

Tomorrow will mark the day I move into a new place and begin my new life with a different student identity. Much as I hate to change my student status, I have to >.< From tomorrow onwards, I can't say that I'm a KU student anymore... But try me, I'm still going to wear my KU shirts in my new hostel and sleep in them!

Packing has been going on fine, and these few days of break have been good. Very, very restful. I love the queen-sized bed I've been sleeping on ever since my parents returned to Singapore. It felt so good to stretch and all and wake up feeling like a princess!

So yesterday, I went to collect my TB test results and it was fine (duh!). The thing is, no payment was asked of me! I am now really scared of going back there in case they scold me for not paying, but seriously, nothing about payment was mentioned! >_<

And since there was nothing to do the entire day, I took the day to explore as far as I can, which ended up to my decision to visit COEX Mall at Samsung Station.
(Sorry I didn't take photos because there were too many people and it would be really awkward for me alone to stop and take a picture.)

It was a pretty interesting place, because it's like a megamall! So I mostly did window shopping, except for when I saw the Everysing shop! I took the opportunity to see if I could get the album I had wanted to, and to my pleasure, they had the album there! So I bought one for myself as Mum's present to me (: I also got a free poster along with it, nicely rolled up. I haven't opened it yet in consideration of my moving to a new hostel.
I also got the two Taemin photos for my dearest 여동생s back in Singapore...

I also bought myself a Topik practice book because I just can't stand using the computer for such practices! Was considering buying the TOPIK Master book, but it costs 27,000 won! So I settled for a cheaper one (which has no answer explanation like the Master has), costing only 10,000 won.
And on the very same day, Deborah whatsapp-ed me to say that 선생님 has made them buy two new books, one of them being TOPIK master... O_O Owhmigawd. WHY!!! But I shall have faith in myself and trust that my practice will work as well.

So I walked around a little bit more and wanted to catch a movie (yes, alone...) at MegaBox, but they didn't have the Expendables like XingCai recommended, so I gave up that idea. I walked all the way to the COEX Aquarium and was very, very tempted to enter! But due to the price (17,500 won) and the time (it was already 5+pm), I decided against it.
Maybe I would come back again one day to take a look.

And there was nothing left so I decided to make my way home... But on the subway, I checked my messages and realized that Seungik left me a reply saying he's at Gangnam. And at that exact moment, the subway announced, '다음 역이 강남역...' Basically announcing that the next station is Gangnam. So omg, I just alighted since I haven't been to Gangnam and it's super super far from Sinchon!

I got lost when I left the station because I didn't know which exit to go to. I had to go up and down several times before I found the crowded area where everybody is... And guess what? Gangnam actually resembles Orchard Road!
Ok really, random photo but I just stood and one side and snapped this using my iPhone. A very small portion of Gangnam. Well, it was all shops that were big and I didn't really have enough space to buy anything until I shifted somewhere permanent, so... it was mostly window shopping and having dinner. Went to to dinner street and went for CoCoIchibana (코코이찌방야) for some curry rice.
Super delicious dinner! Though eating alone in Korea has got to be the most awkward thing ever. >_<
Especially when everyone around you either has a group of friends or another meal buddy. Eating alone is like, urmm.... Well yea, they didn't notice me much and I had to ask them to pass me a menu even after they've seated me. I went home after having dinner coz I didn't have anything else to buy.
And the subway was REALLY crowded.

Anyway I made it home just fine and just slacked after that...

And woke up today like a princess again. The Japanese family left, and I didn't even hear them at all. I must have slept really soundly.
I had cheese bokki for breakfast again today while watching Running Man, carrying on where I had left off last time.
Really yummy, seriously. Good cheese flavour... And I finished off my carton of milk today too~

After finishing up the episode of running man, I went back to my room and started on my Korean studying. Finished up the Ewha textbook today! And started doing the first test paper on the TOPIK practice I bought. It wasn't too bad. I got a few mistakes, but I haven't gone through them yet as I wanted to finish up the paper first and calculate everything. And now I have packed them at the bottom of my plastic box. -_-

I haven't even done the listening portion yet because I have no scissors to open the CD slot and retrieve it. That will have to wait until I shift to somewhere more permanent.

Halfway through, I got really hungry so I made a trip out to get myself a lunchbox from the nearby 한솥 shop, and had chicken lunchbox again.
And a pepsi to accompany, but I took the whole day just to finish that bottle! Oh ya, on the way out I managed to go do my photocopy paperwork for check-in tomorrow (:

I then spent the entire afternoon packing whatever I could into my luggage. Took a shower and then packed again, and after that, I went out for some shopping. Bought myself supper as well as tomorrow's breakfast. And then got dinner got myself... at 한솥 again.
Kimchi fried rice! There were peas in the rice so I was like, shuddering everytime I bit into one. But it was alright, thankfully not very spicy!

Which led me to now...

Well anyway, it frustrates me to the max when I can't do my laundry in the rain! And thus, I have resorted to handwashing my undergarments, but I'm not going to use my body soap, so I have found the solution to this: LAUNDRY BAR SOAPS.

Great for handwashing, seriously. And super compact to carry around, unlike packets of detergent. You don't even have to worry about spills with the bar soaps!
My laundry lifesaver! Seriously man, when you're all alone and aren't in the comfort of your house, laundry suddenly becomes the center of your life. Like, you'll worry about having clean clothes... Well this will all be resolved if there was a dryer. But using shared laundry is a risk too. You risk losing your clothes, which I had back in my home school's hostel. ):

And also, since it's my last day at Alpha Guesthouse... A photo of the place I've been staying at for so long...

The common area is really cute. But the bad thing about here is that, there is no water dispenser, the bathroom is shared, and although they said they had TV, it's only in the officehouse that has it. So I haven't managed to watch TV at all during my time here ): The heater doesn't work well either... And the water has a plastic taste to it, not sure if it's chlorine but it's disgusting.

A part of me still prefers HEY Backpackers, even though it was really scary the first time I stepped in. And HEY Backpackers had no air-conditioning, especially during the heatwave... But the shared bathroom at HEY was much cleaner, the heater works very well, they had TV in the living room, and internet was much better than Alpha's. On top of that, the people who stayed with me were really friendly (although most were guys and it got kinda scary looking at the gender ratio). And oh yes, they have a water dispenser.

But there was very little privacy at HEY, and space was very scarce. Everybody's big luggages had to be left outside in the common area.

But it was an interesting experience having to live in such conditions. This is when all my school camp trainings come to good use! =p Adaptable like nobody's business now.

So well, this concludes my lengthy post, and as usual, a smile for you!
Featuring Stitch! Have a great day ahead~ ^^
Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Where are you going Cass? Why you have to move? By the way, the topik master you can also download yourself. They also provide answers and audio too. The troublesome thing is that you have to download yourself. You go to the Topik website Deborah introduce me. http://www.topikguide.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the best at "y" university~~

    ReplyDelete