Friday, August 24, 2012

Moving on to Yonsei..

So today I woke up early, packed my stuff, and bade a fond farewell to Alpha Guesthouse. I shall miss the cleaning auntie who cleans the place ever so spick and span everyday... And the 아저씨 who let me stay in the big room even after my parents left...

And so today I went out to flag a cab again, and met an old uncle - again, but this time not so old. In my sweetest voice I went '안녕하세요~(annyeonghaseyo!)' and he chuckled before I sat down. I told him to turn into Baekbom-ro where my bags have been left and his face changed immediately. In whatever Korean sentences I have, I told him a few things.

That my Korean is not good.
That I have a lot of bags.
That I will be going to Yonsei University.

And he was a little bit sad but he helped me a lot anyway. And I wrote down the address and all on paper so looking for the place wasn't that difficult. He drove me to International House and to be honest we both just stopped there not knowing that International House was just beside where he stopped. Eventually I just gave him a lot of extra money and he was happy, with a big smile on his face. And he helped me with some of my luggages.

Shifting all of them into International House is another big issue since the entrance was a distance away from the road. So I left my plastic box of clothes as well as my big bag of everything else along the road while I rolled my luggage into I-House first.

What followed was a really comical scene involving me shifting both the box and the bag at the same time, by using small checkpoints. I shifted my box to some corner then went back to carry my bag and shifted it to the next checkpoint, before going back to my box, and shifting it to another checkpoint after the bag. This continued until both my stuff were inside I-House. And I was tired. Really, really tired.

Check-in was pretty quick since I prepared all the documents they asked for.
I was assigned my room, and made my way up, first with my luggage and my box, then one more trip again for my bag.
On the way back up with my bag, a girl helped me with the doors and coincidentally we stopped at the same 5th level... And when I shifted my things we realized we were roomies! :D

So that was how I met Tara ^^
She's a really cute and bubbly girl from the States and we had several interesting incidences so far...

We unpacked our stuff, and once we were done, proceeded to fix up our internet on our laptops.
It's really silly because we do not have our wifi id and password, so basically the only internet we have is the LAN. And usually, hostel rooms do not get wifi.
But since we are staying in the room nearest to the lounge, we can still tap on that wifi. And through some magic powers (I won't say), I managed to get my phone connected to wifi. You know who you are (who helped me with this piece of magic), and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Anyways, Tara had some problems with the internet on her computer. So she asked to use my computer while I helped her fix her internet. Thankfully, I managed to solve the issues and got her internet working. She was so happy that she gave me a hug (:

This is my side of the room. The room is really tiny! Compared to Frontier House back where I came from... There is no bathroom inside the room so everything has to be done outside... But there were a lot of storage spaces. As usual, Stitch and my bolster are in their respective positions. Everything else is tucked in properly. in their cubicles and hmm, I have utilized every cubicle, but they are not filled to the max so pretty scattered.
This is how the room looks like, and no, it looks like the size of Frontier, but it isn't. It's a very scaled down version. And if you realized, we also have our private refrigerator which we haven't used yet. Or we might not even use, depending...

And oh yes, my room assignments always put me in rooms that face inwards, into other people's rooms in the next building -_- I don't know why it's always like that...

So after I settled some issues, I proceeded to head out to Sinchon.
I had to walk super far from I-House to Sinchon! T_T I really miss the convenience of Frontier and Anam..
It's hard to find food around here!

Well, I headed down to Daiso, and bought a few necessities. Like a basket for the shower, some tissues, and a pair of scissors, and a mirror for the table... I then stopped by Burger King for dinner. Ate really quick coz it was a really lonely meal.

I came back and rested while studying Korean. Went through my mistakes in TOPIK practice. And I realized that there are only 4 practices in the book. oh my... needs to ration.

Well so anyway, that kinda ended my day.. I just went on doing my regular chores..

But before I go, a smile for you~
Well, I hope that even though I'm not in KU anymore... Well, I'm not going to be a different person essentially, so do stay tuned alright? The fun is in being a student in Korea, although there may be school rivalry but, just stay positive, and make more friends! ^_^

Thank you for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment