Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Friendship knows no boundaries!

Sorry for the break >.< I have been out during the weekend with two of my bestest buddies since High School! How awesome is that to have friends who even considered planning a tour to Korea so that they could meet me~ ^_^ Really thankful for awesome friends like Gel and Mel!

So let's begin!

Saturday, 3 Aug 2012
Jacq and Kangwei came to Anam to visit me in the noon! Went to pick them up from the station, and we went to have porridge at 본죽 for lunch because Jacq wanted to have abalone porridge. Second day in a row eating porridge, but I ordered a different porridge today.

After lunch, we went to Etude House. Jacq read about the awesome service on my blog and wanted to visit it. True to my words, Hannah, the staff there was around and was really helpful towards us. I bought myself some really nice sunblock called SunPrise Super Aqua (SPF 45/PA+++). I tried the sample they gave and found it really good. Moisturizing and not to sticky!

Jacq bought a few masks and others. And she asked Hannah about the foundations. Hannah explained that a certain lighter shade would be best for her, but previously Jacq had bought the darker one which might be a little too yellowish for her skin tone. But Jacq decided to go with the one she bought... So we paid, and Jacq requested for Shinee posters. Hannah's other colleague gave us like 3 posters! Along with a bunch of other samples ^^

Then as usual we went to have our patbingsu. Chose Paris Baguette this time as there was a cafe. Jacq and I took the initiative to get the patbingsu while Kangwei went to sit down at the table... Because Jacq and I had planned to surprise him with a cake for his birthday!

We bought a fruits bingsu for us, as well as a slice of cake. Requested for candle and matchsticks and the staff gave it to us with a smile~ Kangwei was in the washroom though, and Jacq lit the candle too early ): So when he came out from the washroom, we couldn't get the match lit on time and we had to surprise him with an unlit candle, haha!
The birthday boy was pretty surprised but hid his expression really well.
My mommie and daddie in Korea~ Haha... I will feel really sad when they go home T_T
Today's Patbingsu! 과일빙수~ From Paris Baguette! It was pretty nice, the crispy cereal-y things made it really special, amidst the refreshing fruits. The kiwi was pretty sour though >.<

On our way back from Paris Baguette, Jacq decided to get the recommended foundation from Etude House, so we went in again with great smiles from the staff in there. She picked up the foundation, and the store manager gave her an extra free gift of a bath set! XD
Awesome, is awesome.

So after that they wanted to go ice skating, so I brought them to KU ice rink.

There were many many kids. This time when I stepped onto the ice, I automatically started moving myself (: Jacq and Kangwei on the other hand took some time to adapt to the motion. But Kangwei kept trying to go faster than he could balance and ended up falling like nobody's business.

And he started the trend of falling because during our time there, a lot of other people fell. More than the usual amount of falls I've seen. -_-
He even caused Jacq to fall, awkwardly, and she got small cut + one big bruise!
Ohhor, Kangwei better show more love to her! <3

Well, anyways, I had to leave early so we all left early together and I showed Jacq my room while I packed for my meetup with Angela and Melanie (and Mel's mum).

So I just headed to Myeongdong, on time, thankfully.
But Gel texted to say that they would be late, and panicked me much. Because Seung-Ik was already arriving and it would be disastrous if we had to wait for them. But anyways, they arrive before Seung-Ik and his cousin did, so I ran towards them when I saw my girls and gave them a hug! ;_;

And then Seung-Ik and his cousin arrived almost immediately after, so we headed to have Okonomiyaki after a very brief introduction.

Half-cooked when I took the photo. We chatted while we ate. The egg thing was pretty awesome, actually. The okonomiyaki was delicious too! Gel and Mel prepared a phrase to say to Seung-Ik's cousin so they shyly said, '만나서 반가습니다~' Though, Mel stumbled a little on her words and they had to say it like, twice XD

We had a good time (:
And it was my (very early) birthday treat to friends. Since Gel and Mel won't be able to meet me on my 21st, this would have to suffice! Also a meal in thanks to Seung-Ik's help and friendship these past weeks, his cousin's welcome meal to Seoul. And a thanks to Mel's mummy for letting her come to Korea to come play with me!

<3 너무 너무 고마워요~! 사랑해요~ <3

We continued shopping after dinner, while Seung-Ik and his cousin went off. The weather was really hot and I had to repeatedly fan myself. Myeongdong is seriously a hot place to be in, there weren't very many stores you could hop into casually to hide from the heat.

They had to get back to the bus after awhile, and I had to leave them to take public transport to their hotel. The heat, is no joke. But I made it to their hotel, which was at Koreana.

After a bit of resting, they decided to go to Dongdaemun for night shopping, and called their tourgroup mate, Arthur, along. And we all use the subway to get to Dongdaemun. I thought it would be really interesting for them to experience subway travelling! (:

We had a little tea while we prepared for night shopping, at Ediya.
My Rose Jasmine Tea! 

Oneechan and I~
So we looked at clothes and shoes at Dongdaemun. Gel and I bought matching pyjamas, and Mel didn't because she says she doesn't wear those. (In the end, she got jealous that she was the odd one out.)
We walked till about 2am, when we got tired and a little hungry so we grabbed some snacks.

A nice cab driver let us take his cab even though we had 5 people! (:

Finally slept at about 3am...

Sunday, 4 Aug 2012
Woke up at 9am! Argh, lack of sleep~ @_@

And then they surprised me with a muffin and chocolate fondant from Holly's cafe, while singing happy birthday. Bright and early in the morning. Thanks, girls~
(But it was really early. In both senses - The time, and the date.)
They also got me a bag as my birthday present! It was a really pretty bag and I didn't have to buy bags anymore! Really the style that I like! They know me so well =p

Today we headed to Ewha Women's University/Sinchon area to shop! We reached really early though, and there weren't many people out yet. So we went to Dunkin' Donuts to have some breakfast. I got myself a Hot English Muffin~
The cheese was melty, and it was super delicious! Oh wells, this is what you get when you pay like, 3000 won for it... It can't NOT be delicious. But truly, it is awesome.

So needless to say, Ewha shopping was heaven for my girls. Even I managed to buy something!
Anyway Gel and I bought another set of matching pyjamas, to the dismay of Mel =p
Sorry, Mel...

They then decided to go for a haircut. I got pretty scared due to me previous experience...But they went ahead so we took extra care to explain it properly.
Both of them decided to trim it in the Korean style. Like mine, pretty much flat at the back. But they cut off less hair as compared to me the previous time.
Comparison of Mel's hair and mine. Not much difference, huh. I bet the hairdresser saw my hair and just cut it that way for safety's sake. But I guess, both of them were pretty satisfied with their hairstyles after that. Though, it seems as if they hadn't trimmed. Haha!

After the ladies were done shopping at Ewha, they wanted to go Myeongdong again as they haven't finished shopping the previous day. Gel actually wanted to buy that sunblock I recommended her, but the first two stores we went to didn't have it! 매진했어요! But in the end we found it ^_^

SPAO was closed. I forgot! >.< Sorry girls!

Well, we stopped for some Patbingsu, like I promised I'd bring them to have some.
Today's Bingsu feature! A cafe at the corner of Myeongdong! Fruits bingsu on the left, and green tea bingsu on the right! Both were good! Fruits had a good variety of fruits, and the red beans were of just the right texture~ Green tea was a delicate flavour. Actually they finished the green tea before the fruits, haha!

While having out bingsu, they spotted Arthur walking outside the cafe and called him in. We offered him to share our bingsu, but he ate only one scoop. After which he said, 'I tried the one with red beans, it's nice.' To which we all replied, 'But both had red beans in it..'

Haha!

We explored Myeongdong some more, until it was evening and Mel sorta almost got broke.

I then brought them to Lotte Mart at Seoul Station, cabbing was actually cheaper than the four of us taking the subway. They had a fun time at the mart. We bought our dinner there too ^^
And then let them pack their shopping into a box. Things they don't get to do in Singapore =p

And we brought them all back to hotel for dinner... Dinner is served!
Noodles for each of us, Mel had some sushi, and a tub of chicken for us. We also bought some orange juice as drinks ^^
I think I'm eating too much nowadays. I could eat more chicken than the rest could even though my noodles were a big cup.
It was really nice to be able to eat with them like that (:

They insisted on buying candles at Lotte Mart just so they can properly sing a birthday say for me with the Holly's Cafe delights, against my reluctance.
They pasted the candles onto the bottom of the ashtray, and lit them all up and sang -,-
It was really funny, but really touching at the same time lol ;_;
Once again, thanks~ <3

After helping them take photos of their purchases in the typical lay-them-all-on-the-bed style. I had to leave to go back to hostel... ):

We walked to the subway and had to wave goodbye even though I didn't want to... I won't be able to see them till next year, and I won't be able to attend Mel's 21st birthday party...

But oh wells, we'll still whatsapp each other really often so, well, said a temporary goodbye and headed home to Frontier.

And back to reality.

Anyway this post is really long, so I will write about Monday in the next post, together with Tuesday's.

Before I sign out, a smile for you!
Sorry my eyes look like they're in a daze >.<

Thank you for reading, and have a good day ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Woah, a feature on Arthur. Why never talk more about your buddy =/ Oh and after we sent you off at the station, we met Arthur on our way back to the hotel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gel! You're always looking out for Arthur's name heh? O_O

      Delete
    2. Nono >.< Don't get me wrong. I'm not on the lookout. Tease me some more and I'll tell you to say this "세상이 니 편이 아니래도 내가 옆에서 널 사랑해" to you-know-who =) =) =)

      Delete
    3. Haha, doubt it's gonna work =p You can say if you want, it's not me saying anyway =p=p

      Delete