Saturday, August 11, 2012

I like to think that... endings are never real endings.

Yesterday was a really long day, we only reached back in hostel at about 2am! >.< Let's begin~

Thursday, 9 Aug 2012
Happy Birthday, Singapore~
In view of Singapore's National Day, most of the Singaporeans at KU ISC wore red shirts out! It just so happens that KU shirts are red (crimson) too, so there was a herd of red moving around, haha~

Well, today is course registration for my exchange school (if you don't know yet, I will reveal this at a later date..). It uses the fastest finger first method, which was super scary! It starts enrollment for courses at 10am, but lets students log into the system first to make a wishlist.

At 9.55am, I prepared and sat in front of the computer, mouse ready and all. I saw that for one of the courses, there were 15 people vying for 5 spots! OMG!
But miraculously, I managed to get all the mods I want~ Thank goodness!

After confirming that enrollment was successful (by refreshing and relogging in a few times), I went ahead to study Korean till it was time for class.

There was only media class today, as there were still presentations going on. Victoria and I went, and the presentations were pretty interesting... Prof. Park was really nice, because he said that he would give those who came to class extra credit!

(As I typed this, I suddenly remembered that grades are out!)

We then went to take photos around Woodang after lessons. Victoria helped me take a jumpshot in front of Woodang! Pretty awesome~

And then we took another self-timed shot in the middle of the roads. This is awesome too~
Victoria wasn't meant to jump anyway. And the camera was so smart, caught me at such a good time!

We walked to get waffle as Vic wanted to go back to CJ to do her makeup. She was tempted by me to eat something so she got herself a cup yogurt ice cream~ YUM! And I suddenly remembered that I left my gifts in the classroom!!!!

Victoria was nice, and she walked back into school with me. Well, it wasn't without complains, but she was alright with it in the end. Let's just say she was rewarded in a special way for accompanying me back! I had to enter a classroom with people taking exams!!! But I did it really quickly and then ran out.

And we walked the long long way back to CJ~

Today's Graduation Night!
The long dreaded day is here... D: Don't want this to end!!!

We went and got our gowns. YES! Graduation gowns!

Victoria was playing with my 'mortar board'.
Red + Black is probably one of my most favourite colour combinations ever. Second being pink + purple.

The ceremony was really simple.

There were a series of speeches. I particularly like Nina's speech, and it was truly inspiring!
There's Nina giving her speech. I don't know her personally though, but I thought she's pretty awesome.

The others went to take photos at the main gate after the ceremony. Took jumpshots again, but most of them failed because they wanted to do multiple jumpshots with 3 different cameras -_-

We then headed for dinner, but we realized... There were no seats left! O_O
We had to wait till people leave to eat, basically, so we just lingered around, took photos and all.

승익 오빠 found me where I was, and gave me a gift like WOW! :D 정말 감동해요!!!
I already packed it into my luggage now so I can't take a picture of it... But it's a comic book! Love books, mmhmm! 승익 오빠, 너무 너무 감사합니다~! ^_^*

I gave him a present too~ Hehe...

We were finally let in after some time, and we had to sit around because there were still no seats. So we grabbed our food and sat at the side. The food was not bad, but coz we went late, lots of dishes were finished already...

We then watched a photo montage. I prepared my friends mentally first as I told them that I did provide some pictures for the montage. Despite their pretentious 'OMG Cass WHYYY!', they really enjoyed the moment and obviously basked in the glory of being on screen =p
But good job on the video~*

The buddies then put up a performance for us! They sang a song, choral style! Both Seung-ik and Donghan (Caili's buddy) were in the performing team! Good job guys~ That was some good singing! I recorded the whole thing, though =/

The events after that were not of much note. A professor gave Jeff Jang a gift of appreciation. And I thought he really deserved it for making ISC such a wonderful, magical experience.

We all then decided to go for 노래방 (Karaoke) after the ceremony. The ones near Anam are really cheap! We chose TJ, the place with red neon lights. It looked shady because we had to go to the basement, but to be honest, there was nothing really shady about that place! Facilities are not bad too.

We paid 16,000won for 5 people, for an hour. We ended up singing for more than 3 hours, I think. The best thing? There was FREE WIFI in the 노래방!

We took turns to choose songs, so there was a mix of Kpop, English, Japanese, even Chinese songs!
The machine wasn't working awesomely, I think, though. Because we kept getting scores of 20 and 30+. Sometimes we get 100, but we never get anything in between... ?_?

I also got to sing the songs that I wanted to sing~
Oh yea, the reason why we all managed to sing the songs we wanted to sing, was because our time kept getting extended! When it's less than 10 minutes left on the counter, the guy outside would always add 20 minutes more to our time!

After we all got tired, we ended the session with 행복한 나를! This song is really touching, and has a nice tune! Although it was pretty low for me, I sang it in differing octaves, but I obtained a 100! O_O
That was a good ending~ :D

And after that, we thanked the owner outside there, and went back to sleep..

Well, I will blog about today... tomorrow. Because I'm currently really tired. Like my eyes, they're closing. ):
So, before I go, a smile for you~
Have a great day ahead ^_^

5 comments:

  1. Hehehe~ Congrats on finishing summer =) I just realised that out of all the korean characters you type on your blog, i can only read "승익 오빠" (>.-)~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he reads this, Gel, he's gonna think you're stalking him =p

      Delete
  2. haha. noraebang was 15,000W, not 16,000W!
    i like the phrase "Victoria was nice", but change it to present tense la. lol
    and ur "rewarded in a special way" .. haha. wells...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, you were nice about the situation la~ You're alwies nice! But change the tense there sounds awkward somehow? And okayyyy 15,000 Won!

      Delete
    2. awww. why aren't u arguing with me... haha.

      Delete