Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sunshiney day, sunshiney mood~

Woke up to a quiet morning, and decided to skip breakfast for an additional 30 minutes of sleep. Heard from Caili just now that breakfast wasn't very fantastic so I guess I don't regret my choice! (:

Decided to wear my kitty dress to school today, but unlike the other time I did, I didn't see any cats... I'm still feeling grumpy about my haircut. D:< -Frantically sweeps fringe to one side-

Well, lessons today weren't as interesting as I thought they'd be, and so I tried hard to pay attention.

Social psychology talked about prosocial behaviour today, about the psychology of giving help to others. It was an eye opener, because I learnt that in public environments, you'd think that when an emergency/problem occurs, someone is bound to help.

Yet, it is often the opposite! People will just walk past when nobody is willing to stop and help because there is social influence around... If people don't stop to help, then we are pressured to think that it isn't a matter worth our attention. However, when a good samaritan steps up to help the person in distress, people are more compelled to do the same.

Moral of the story: Even if you don't know what to do in situations of distress, just step up to help anyway. So people around you will start to take notice, and there will at least be someone else who can assist with the situation!

And there were lots more I picked up during the lecture, but hmm... that's not for me to write here, haha! But another interesting point to note is that, Singapore is one of the lowest ranking for most helpful countries. Prof said it was shocking, but might be due to economic status and a myriad of other reasons.

Developmental psychology was mainly about ADHD, because he spent so much time talking about it...

We continued discussion on gender minorities during media class, and today we had to go out to do a field survey. This time, we managed to get longer and more insightful answers... Probably coz people were more accustomed to such issues in society?

Victoria invited to eat to BIYA 부대찌개 전문점 today for dinner. Was a little apprehensive because I always thought that army stew (부대찌개) was too spicy, but in the end I went anyway~ Shireen who didn't like to eat spicy food went, so...
Yi Fong took this for me
We ordered a share for 3 people coz we didn't think 3 girls could eat that much. Turns out that the portion was just right for all of us. They also gave a side dish of hash brown balls, which Shireen and I chomped up pretty quickly. We then realized they'd refill it for us, and we were SUPER happy :D

Oh yea, the 부대찌개 wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be, so it was really, really delicious. Maybe one day I'll go back to eat! :D Victoria was being picky though, she kept picking out the luncheon meat, and said that she doesn't like the beef. I ate everything in it, the ingredients, I mean. Not so picky.

After a filling dinner, we walked to the nearby convenient stores to pick up some stuff. They bought some fruits I think, and on the way out I decided to get ice cream... Can you guess what I got?
팥!빙!수! In a cup! They were having 50% off, so I got this for 1,500 won! :D
OMG the Cassie is a happy girl~ For a moment, I forgot about my hair XD

I also saw a whole stack of fishie ice creams! Serious, serious, serious. Jacq and Kangwei will be jealous to the max... So now you know what ice cream I'll be getting tomorrow... ㅎㅎㅎ

This was what the 팥빙수 looked like inside the cup. Doesn't look really colourful, but I thought it was pretty delicious. -nomnomnom-

Just did my readings for today, and went on to study more grammar... Managed to talk to my Korean classmates back in Singapore today! Suddenly feel so attached to them again ;_;

Tomorrow's gonna be a brand new day~
A smile for you!
Shireen photobomb! One day, one day, my hair will return to it former glory.....

Thank you for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment