Saturday, July 21, 2012

KU Ice Rink and 막걸리(Makgeolli)

Since temple stay got cancelled today, Shireen, Victoria, Yi Fong, Elizabeth, Wanlin, and I met up for our own activities. And since it's a weekend, they decided to go ice skating at KU's very own ice rink!

Yes, you heard me right! Korea University has their own ice rink!!!

It's my first time ice skating! >.< At first was a little apprehensive if I should go or not, but everybody has their first times for everything, right...? So I just went ahead with the company of my friends ^^

Yay! So excited! O_O

And a photo of the team that went ice skating today! We reached at about 1pm, but they weren't open yet like they were supposed to be! In the end, it only opened at about 2pm, and we bought our tickets...
Since we are Korea University Students, our entrance ticket only costed 3,000 won, and skate rental was 2,000 won!

Omg, Singaporeans, you jealous now? :D JCube doesn't treat you that well isn't it?!
And get this, our entrance ticket lets us play the whole day at the rink, until it closes at 6pm.
(But we didn't stay that long, haha!)

All geared up and ready to go! Next photo is courtesy of Shireen~
First ice skating experience, 시작!

I really love cold sports, for the simple fact that they don't make me sweaty and sticky. (Sorry, I'm a polar bear. I can take heat doesn't mean I love it...)

I love skiing too, so it's definitely something I'm looking forward to during my exchange!

And after today, ice skating has become my new love. Being able to do it all year round, ignoring the price of it, is super awesome!

Thanks to the 'sports gene' in me, I picked it up really quickly and learnt to skate within the first half and hour. I'm so so so proud of myself. I had roller blading experience before so maybe that helped? I'm not sure, but anyways, I enjoyed myself today.

On the ice rink! Yea, that helmet made my head hurt again T.T I don't know why I have to have a head with corners. (If you've felt my head you know what I mean...) Helmets ALWAYS make my head hurt after wearing. ):

Oh yeah, I only fell down twice, and it's not coz I didn't know how to skate... Embarrassingly, I fell once while standing stationary at the side of the rink because the skates slid. And the second time coz it was slippery and I didn't control my CG well. Well, I think I've done pretty well for a beginner, don't you think? (:

*Gimme a pat on the back!*

Oooh, green nails!
Well, it doesn't come without consequences... I wore short socks to skate. And that was the hugest mistake today. >.< Both my feet had blisters! One of them broke near the beginning of the skating session so it was pretty painful. Thank you Shireen for the plasters! And another one formed above it. The one on my other foot hasn't broken yet, thank goodness.

It hurt like a hell lot when I stepped into the shower. Seriously. *Gimme a hug!*

I'm gonna wear long socks to skate next time. 절대!

We finished up around 5pm, because Elizabeth and Wanlin had to go off, and I had to go off too for dinner with Seung-ik and friends.

Met them at about 6pm. 승익 오빠 and I were on time. (Caili says never let the senior wait, but 어머, he was there early... 미안해... ):) Then waited awhile more for the rest.

Realized that they were friends staying on the same level as me at Frontier House! I've actually seen them quite a few times already!

We then went to a 막걸리집 (Makgeolli House) around the streets of Anam. We had Makgeolli and Jeon. I drank it really, really slowly because I didn't want my face to turn red like it does whenever I drink alcoholic stuff. And well done to me, today was alright!

The 막걸리 was pretty delicious too! (:

Nice atmosphere, right? 
My bowl of 막걸리! Deborah, jealous?

Anyway, 막걸리 now always reminds me of Martin, and the times we had during Korean lesson. Especially the time Martin translated 목걸이(necklace) into Makgeolli. We had a great laugh over that! XD Actually, I think he's just the scapegoat... He handed in his paper early, while the rest were still thinking about their answers... And then when 선생님 announced his mistake, could see almost everyone changing their answers (including me)! HAHA MARTIN!!!

Made a few new friends, and had really interesting conversations with them during the gathering! ^^

Well anyway, we chatted for awhile and then some of them had to go off already, so we called it a day... I walked around a little bit more while rest went back to Frontier...

And I saw Ms. & Mr. Potato! Reminded me.. That night I told Caili, I will come to try their fries, coz they look really delicious. And I decided, tonight's the night.
I got myself a Special Cheese Potato (Yep, that's what they call french fries.)...

It was super delicious, totally worth my 4,000 won. Fries with cheese sprinkled on them, dipped in cheese. Cheese fries can't get any better than that. But come to think of it, the western stall at Science Faculty back home sells for $2 for a box with generous cheese....

But hehe, this one is more delicious! :P

Hmm, so overall I thought today was really eventful. Smiled a lot today coz it was such a fascinating day! First time skating, and having makgeolli party, making new friends, eating delicious fries... Haha... Awesome day, really.
(Next time if anybody wants to go ice skating, please call me along!)

It doesn't matter that temple stay got cancelled and there wasn't any typhoon eventually!

As I like to put it: 开心就好!

And a smile for you! (: Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment