Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Little Prince(ss)!! :D

I slept my fill today! Feeling so satisfied!
There's no homework this weekend, so I continued with my Korean grammar book. When suddenly, I felt like I should get a real storybook to learn more vocab, rather than solely learning from my Ewha coursebook...

So after asking Seung-ik, this was the book I got...

The Little Prince! Or Le Petit Prince...

Honestly one of the best books I've read ever ever in my life. Still remember how much it influenced me when I first read it. And there is so many ways to interpret such a literary masterpiece...
There is no better book to get for my first Korean language storybook! (:

Unfortunately, though, my level of Korean is not enough for me understand it fully just by reading it. I get most of the sentence structures, but not all... And vocabulary is still super lousy now.

Anyway, I then headed to Lotte Mart at Seoul Station to meet Jacq and Kangwei for our weekly 'Family' outing!

We went there to shop for our dinner... Which ended up with us buying...




Yes, I know it's a lot of chicken, but we had three people to share so it wasn't THAT bad. The Lotte Chickens are pretty good! Totally satisfied any cravings I had for chicken for the past couple of weeks...

And they bought abalone too. I can imagine Singaporeans giving me unbelievable faces right now, seeing the abalone. But yeah, it's pretty common here in Korea, and it doesn't come in cans. These are fresh, living abalone. We put the abalone in some 라면(instant noodles), and ate it after we finished our chickens.

Watched the older episodes of 런닝맨 (RunningMan) while we nommed away...

We then went to walk the Sinchon streets after dinner, actually wanting to have 팥빙수 (Patbingsu) at Paris Baguette... But we had to walk past this row of shops that had Skin Food, FaceShop, InnisFree, and Etude House along the way.

And guess what?

Etude House had a storewide 30% discount only for today!!!

So what do we do? We being the pretty girls we are had to go check it out, at the dismay of Kangwei. But since he needed to get stuff for his sister, he wasn't that bad about it...

I bought a few stuff for myself, mainly facewash and some other stuff. Kangwei and Jacq bought a lot of stuff! Out of the three bags, only one small bag is mine and the rest are theirs...

I used my HanaBank card to swipe for purchases for the first time today (:

And because of the time we spent at Etude House, we couldn't have 팥빙수 at Paris Baguette coz they are not taking orders anymore... T.T

But did you think that would stop us? NO!!! We headed to the awesome TWOSOME PLACE... And ta-dah! They were open till midnight so we could still have our 팥빙수!


It's a really cosy and awesome place. And it's really nice to still so many people so late at night. A sight you'll never see in Singapore. People just go to cafes to study, and basically just sit alone.

And this time, we had...
OH MY... It looks super awesome even on the photograph... 유자빙수! Or in English it's Citron Bingsu. That ice-cream thing at the top is actually frozen yogurt! Tasted it, and it was RedMango style - Rich, can still taste the milk in it. YUMZ!

It was a really refreshing treat, and I'd definitely recommend it to people who like refreshing desserts!

Anyway, thank you Kangwei for treating me to the bingsu!

See, happy family! Daddy Kangwei, Mummy Jacq, and baby Cassie!
(곰 세마리가 한 집에 있어... :D)

And I really had a happy time with them today... Three weeks before they have to go back... But I'm really glad that I have them to share my Korea memories with. As my media prof would say, we have collective memories together!

Oh yeah, this photo. Haha, I didn't have plasters anymore coz of the blister so I took the opportunity to get Pororo plasters. I know like in Korea, only kids below 4 years old like Pororo, but Pororo is super cute! I have never watched a Pororo episode before, so I like it purely because he's cute. >_<

I'm not a kid!!!!! (Although the box says KIDs)

So basically, that's my day. Happy with my purchases! Tired enough to sleep now~

Angela and Melanie are coming next week! :D So excited to see them, hehe~

Alrighty, before I go...
A smile for you! Oh yea, if you see that drink I'm holding in the picture, please buy it ONLY IF you love very very sweet drinks. It's lemon tea, but it's too sweet for it's own good. I thought the sweetened lemon teas from Yeo's or Seasons back in Singapore was very sweet already, but omg, this lemon tea owns in sweetness - hands down.

So yea, just a piece of my advice. Feel free to try if you wish...

But yeah, thanks for reading, and I'll see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Kiakia~ I think your new fringe is good =) Hehehe~ And the pororo plasters are super cute ^-^

    ReplyDelete