Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy days with awesome buddies!

I slept really late last night so I slept in today and woke up to have lunch. Caili went off to palace with her Korean friend. I read a little bit of my Korean after lunch and then prepared to go out.

The rain finally let up and I look forward to a sunshiney weekend!

Reached Dongdaemun about slightly after 3pm. Went out the wrong exit and ended up in some shoes wholesale center. Took the opportunity to look at rainboots, and saw quite a few, but didn't ask about them coz (I shy). Anyway the weather was really hot, and after contacting YuYang to meet at Doota! entrance, I bought fishie ice cream to eat!

This is one of Jacq and Kangwei's favourite ice creams, and I took that picture just to make them jealous. HAHA!

Anyway, met YuYang a little while later without much difficulty. We spent the next almost 2 hours walking around Dongdaemun.

He bought 3 shirts, but in my opinion, they were too overpriced. He still bought it anyway -,-

I bought a playsuit for 15,000won! Finally found one that is the right size for me, and it wasn't TOO expensive either. Other than that, walked around FaceShop to buy two nail colours and shampoo + conditioner set... Then to Etude House to buy a few more things. I liked it that there were people in FaceShop that could speak English! Super impressed coz I've always been spoken to in mandarin for the past few days.

We went back to Doota to meet Jacq and Kangwei, and also Yuyang's friend Nigel. We made our way to the 14,900won BBQ buffet. It was a really sumptuous meal and I had my fill of delicious Samgyupsal (삼겹살)...


We ate till we're pretty full, but didn't have any plans. After some discussion, we decided to go have Patbingsu, to my enjoyment! Just that we didn't know where to find it. Wanted to find Paris Baguette, since they're all over the place, but... as we have it, when you wanna find something, it never turns up.

After much walking and searching, we decided to have our patbingsu at Caffe Benne. They had some special flavours, so we ordered those. Ordered two to share among the 5 of us.
Looks delicious, isn't it? ^^ The one on the left was Wine and Cheese flavour, and the one on the right is matcha flavour! The bowl was bigger this time so it was easier to mix everything around! Woohoo~ Very, very delicious!

But I learnt something today. A lot of food in Korea comes in big portions! This forces people to come to eat with friends. Good marketing strategy no? But I don't like it coz I am more or less used to having food alone, and sheesh, I can't eat patbingsu alone.

We had a damn fun time, eating and talking... Even Nigel was comfortable in our conversation!

After that, Jacq and Kangwei suggested trying the Makgeolli coz it was so cheap here in Korea! We tried to find a bottle, but couldn't... In the end we just got one from 7-Eleven at Migliore, and settled down on the banks of Cheonggyecheon (stream in the middle of the city!) sharing a bottle and talking.

YuYang and I had to do a forfeit in the end because we both had the highest number of guessing the number of fingers right. Nigel was encouraging all these things too, even though he was new to the group -,- Yea, thanks yo, Nigel...

Anyway had a super fun time and was a little bit sad to have to go home coz we haven't been together together since vacation started... YuYang is gonna be here only for a short time so.. yea...

Hmm.

Tomorrow I'm trying to go to church, so I better rest soon...

Thank you thank you thank you for reading!

If you don't know yet, I love all my readers!

5 comments:

  1. haha.. had the similar experience when i came down to singapore. Getting lost in MRTs/underground shopping malls.. sigh..

    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think subway exits are a global issue! Haha!! But I would think Singapore subway exits are much easier to locate... (Or maybe because I'm used to it...) :D

      Delete
    2. haha according to our sansengnim Singapore MRT stations are less complicated.. so have to agree with you :)
      good lk to me to find my way around in korea..
      Keep on writing :)

      Izzy

      Delete
  2. The patbingsu looks awesome!!hmm whats is Makgeolli?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patbingsu is always awesome (: Makgeolli is rice wine! It tastes good!

      Delete