Monday, July 16, 2012

Motivation!

Back to school on a Monday!

Weather was alright today, didn't rain much except for a very very light drizzle in the morning.

I found a quicker way to walk to school! Okay... I didn't FIND it... 승익 오빠 indirectly showed it to me when we went to have lunch the other day. I think it cut down my walking time and distance by half (approximately...), so I'm really really happy about that.

Anyone who wants to know how, just follow me back from school one of these days! XD

Today's lessons were really interesting, actually! Felt like I learnt a lot of relevant things.

We got our tests back for Social Psychology, which is first thing in the morning... And... it turns out I got a perfect score! -박수!- I think this is the first time I've ever gotten a perfect score in anything (except for Korean dictation in my class...) since primary school!

It boosted my morale quite a bit. And got me thinking about the bell curve system in my home university... Getting bad grades on a bell curve does make me feel stupid, and at many points in time, it made me feel unsure of myself as a student. But look at this, I have never taken any introduction to psychology courses and here I am, studying like I should, and getting grades I am happy about.

Oh well. Anyway during Social Psychology today we learnt about social facilitation and inhibition. When a task is easy, and we are doing it alongside others, we tend to outperform ourselves. But when we are tasked with something complex and difficult, doing alongside others causes us to underperform.

Interesting concept!

Developmental psychology today we learnt about the different types of parenting and how it affects the children. It kinda made me look back at my parent's parenting, and see if it has made me who I am today..

And for media today, we talked about the War Memorial of Korea. It was interesting getting to hear different points of view about it (: We also talked about gender minorities.

Ended my day pretty well and I walked back to hostel, and here I am.

I am feeling stressed out about my level of Korean proficiency, so I am frantically studying Korean now... Putting in lots of effort and hardwork!
-Gasp!- My messy table. But see, all my Korean study materials! I want to finish this book fast and get the next one. Not going to survive Korea well if I don't start trying to speak it in everyday life. >_<

Anyway when I showered today, I tried this sample given my Etude House on one of my purchases...
(It's so crumpled because I used it already and it was such an interesting experience that I had to blog about it.)

Milk Talk - Chocomilk body wash. Whoever taught of this was either a 'genius', or a chocoholic.

I ended up smelling like chocolate after I was done with my shower. Not sure that is a good thing because smelling like food isn't a very nice experience. Luckily the smell wore off after awhile.

I'm not a huge chocolate fan, so when I opened the sachet and had this strong chocolatey, milky smell wafting up my nose, I was like, OH. MY. GOSH. Chocolate milk is meant for drinking and not for putting on body.......

But my skin didn't feel exceptionally smooth or anything after that... it was just.. like that.

오늘 날씨가 흐리고 쌀쌀해요... 저는 아주 좋아해요!
저녁에 샤워할 때 쵸코우유 바디워시를 사용했어요. 그런데 안 좋아요...
이번 목요일에 SBS에 갈 거예요~ 기대해요!

Please pardon me if there were mistakes... I'm sure there will be. >_<

A smile for you with my little froggie 부채!
Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. can i ask you? i really want to learn Korean. What kind of books do you have, to learn Korean language. And can you give me some tips of learning Korean language (easy) THANK YOU VERY MUCH. GOD BLESS YOU :))

    ReplyDelete