Thursday, July 19, 2012

초복 (Chobok) !!

Okay, honestly, I had completely no idea what 초복 is until 승익 오빠 told me. This is what happens when you live in a equatorial country and know nothing about seasons. So yes, today is 초복... which is...

(taken from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_Days)

Dog Days, where the summer starts getting really, really, really hot. I paraphased it, but you get the idea.

So from what Seung-ik told me, Koreans eat either chicken or dog meat on this day to gear up for the real summer deal. It took me awhile to realize this was what my previous tour guides have told me about... eating 삼계탕 (Samgyetang, ginseng chicken) during the summer... -_-

OMG, I am so blur, aren't I...?

But anyways...... Lessons today weren't very interesting T.T

I have a test tomorrow, and then will be going to SBS for a field trip with media class! :D
Looking forward to it!

A long time ago, I was someone who was interested in making videos, and one day want to perhaps make a short independent film? But that dream has since then faded away due to frustrations with Windows Movie Maker (I have since changed to a MacBook.)

But media and filming still sparks interest in me >.<

This Friday's Buddy Program Outing has been cancelled due to typhoon... ):

Sigh.

After school today, we made our way back as usual. Walked to Paris Baguette first to get a custard bun for supper, which kinda reminds me that it is a good time to eat it... But on second thought, I shall leave it for breakfast tomorrow. :D

And guess what else I bought today...
Fishie ice cream! Comes with a free Shireen with every purchase!

Jacq and Kangwei, jealous much? I found two shops selling this around my area.. And this shop I bought from was only 1,000won for each!

And then on my way back, look what I saw! 고! 양! 이! HEARTS! It was so cute!

Seems like today's my lucky day~!

It doesn't end there... When I reached Frontier, I found something I've been eagerly wait for!
Mail from my parents! I finally got their stuff since their EMS mail got lost.. And they had to resend stuff to me... But the point it, I finally got it! Finally can put my Singtel microsim into my iPhone 3GS. It's up and working, my dears!

My mum also sent me an orange peeler because she realized I couldn't eat my oranges well without a peeler.. Aww... so touched!

See, today is my lucky day! <3

Anyway since today is 초복, there might not be 19 degreeC nights anymore ):
Back to Singapore's hot and humid weather?

I'm prepared!
My poor buddy hates the heat, so...加油 to him! Eat more patbingsu!

Haha!

Anyways, since I gotta wake up early tomorrow, I shall sleep soon~
And before I go,
A smile for you!!!
(My fringe was so tame today!)

Thank you for reading! Love y'all~!

1 comment: