Monday, September 17, 2012

The day I (almost) flew.

Today, I woke up on a day that seemed like the perfect conditions to sleep in. Lazy Monday. The sky was as overcast as it can get, and the rain went pitter-patter on the windows...
I prepared for school and checked the weather forecast to learn that it was 100% rain the entire day. So I put on my rainboots and brought my trusty pink polka-dotted umbrella.

It was raining decently when I stepped out of International House. I was looking forward to a normal rainy day. But I can't be any wronger than this.

Family class went pretty alright. Except that we were late ): I think we were marked late but I'm not sure if it counts as any penalty >.< I hope not, seriously...

The rain was pretty heavy after the lesson so we decided to wait a little more. We ended up slacking at Samsung Hall for about an hour before I decided it was pointless for us to stay...

And we stepped out of Samsung Hall hopefully to make our way to Students' Union Building. The winds were pretty nasty but we survived. Anything below our chest got wet though, I was wearing my pullover so almost my entire pullover got damp.

I dropped Rekha off at the Students Union Building while I made my way back to dorms in hopes of getting some rest.

And that was where everything went wrong. I was innocently walking past one of the halls beside the Students Union Building when this hugeass wind started kicking up. It was so bad that everybody just had to stop walking to brace it with their umbrellas.

My umbrella was like my lifeline. I stood there in the wind, as I saw its branches bending scarily. After about 3 seconds, it wasn't the only thing that's bending. THE TRUNK OF THE UMBRELLA WAS BENDING, AND IT DID INDEED BEND. OMG. And when it happened, a few more branches bent for the worse and my umbrella looked like a wreck.

Trying to adjust it back, the trunk just gave up on me and broke into two.

Poor brollie.
I wasn't even halfway back to the dorms yet ):

So I just quickened my pace with my dead umbrella, hiding behind whatever shelter it could still provide. The wind threatened to blow again a few times but I survived and made it to the underground Global Plaza to get some food.

That was when I met James, Ian, and Sherman. They were having lunch at Burger and Shake, so I joined them since they invited me. I ate a delicious burger and for a moment forgot about my misery. Then James told me that today was actually a TYPHOON DAY.

WTH? I didn't even know! And why didn't they close school for today T-T He said it was kind of like a last minute thing, so schools were not cancelled. The typhoon killed my umbrella!

I had to buy myself a new umbrella. Then met James to walk to school together for Virus and Host, beginning of part 2 of typhoon chronicles.

I walked with my spiffy new umbrella, while James used his foldable one. We braved the winds pretty well, albeit getting wet a little. When we were about to reach our venue, a good 200m away... The hugeass wind blew AGAIN!

I tried to shield James and his umbrella from it, and it worked a few times but at one point it got too huge that his umbrella threatened to break like mine. So he had to let it go and it flew to nobody knows where. Because of that, we took the wrong road and had to navigate ourselves through the building to the next.

Oh yes, while trying to shield James, my umbrella put up a good fight too. It almost gave! But fortunately, only three of the pins attaching the plastic sheet to the tips of the frame came out so it wasn't permanent damage. But the second time the wind blew, get this - ALL THE DAMN PINS CAME OFF THE FRAME! I was left with a sheetless frame, but the sheet was still attached to the top...

I fixed it while inside the building then patted it a little giving it a mental note "You've done well, dear umbrella."

So yeah, we sat toastily in the classroom while the winds howled outside. Rekha and I printed notes while James waited for the rain to slow since he lost his umbrella. ):

And after that, I joined Rekha and her LanguageExchange buddy, and her neighbour and her LanguageExchange buddy, for dinner. We ate at the western cafeteria and I had my usual. Surprisingly, I could talk and joke with them quite alright... We hung out for a short while before we walked back.

Fortunately, the typhoon seemed to be over (:

And I find myself in my room now, finally comfortable.

But as they say, the storm will soon pass, so smile anyways in the face of a storm~
First time ever I'm wearing a blue Yonsei tee. Showing support to Yonsei because they didn't win Yon-ko games... I think the winning school has enough attention already, so for now Cassie will dote on Yonsei~

Maybe after awhile I'll return to neutral status!
But good job to players on both sides!

^_^ Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment