Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Spicy foods and a little cafe later...

Tuesday flew past! But it was a really enjoyable Tuesday~
Justin and Han decided for reals that they were going to buy me dinner and cake as a birthday celebration thing for me since I treated them last week =D

So they brought me to a meat place in Hongdae because they claim it to be the most delicious thing ever, and that it'll beat whatever best experience I've had in Korea. So okay, here we go...
They were smart! They took the seats out in the open~ Since the night was cool, it didn't really matter. The best thing is that the smokey smell would diffuse so our clothes won't smell like BBQ.

I was about to comment that the bad thing about the place was that there was no wifi, but to my surprise, there really was free wifi!! Okay, so this has gotta be one of the best places ever to eat =p

They ordered in chinese, and I thought they were going to get samgyupsal.
But then it was the wrong order so they ordered again and we got a chicken fry/grill thing, which I don't know the exact name of. Something-something-볶음.
It was really spicy, but it was good. The guys were pretty bad at finding the meats, and I had to find it for them. There was this big piece of meat I found... And the two guys were like bickering as to who gets it, so I decided to join in the match to see who gets the meat... For the fun of it.

The match: Chopsticks war. We will all pinch the meat, and at the count of three, we will pull and the person holding onto the meat would be the winner.
Lo and behold, I won! Thanks to all the excellent traditional chopsticks training I've had. But nah, I left the meat for the guys to eat since they looked so sad. Haha!

After dinner and a lot of reminiscing about old computer games..
Oh ya, Ragnarok Online~ Woohoo~!

After that they walked past this prize machine thing which has a rod that pushes an item down. They spent 2,000 won on it, and got themselves a swiss knife! O_O Actually, to be more specific, Han did all the work, haha~ Congrats!

Yeah they decided to go find a cafe to have a cake and whatnot. But all we saw were really typical cafes, mostly coffee. So we decided to walk on a little bit more until we came across this strange alley with people walking out of it. He turned in out of curiosity and saw the sweetest cafe...


It's a home-style cafe, and it does look like a house. They served tea, a range of them. And some small cakes and stuff. The inside was really pretty!


They also have a porch on the outside, where would be a good place to sit in the mornings or evenings, I think~
So we looked at the menu and ordered some. We had royal milk tea, a creme brulee, and a chocolate lava cake (which took 20 minutes to prepare).
Tea came in a pretty pot, my favourite style~ Look at the strawberry designs! Also matching cup in the background, which Justin is holding...
Creme brulee was delicious. So delicious that they guys just didn't want me to eat much so they could eat more... Well, guess what!
They used real vanilla beans! No wonder it tasted heavenly >.<
Chocolate lava cake became my new birthday cake. When it was served after 20 minutes, the two guys started with their birthday song and I sang along =D
It was nice, super yummy, no other way to describe this.

So sat around a chatted a little bit more before we decided to head back.
We took the bus back, and before that Han and I were supposed to go look for the busstop while Justin went to use the washroom. We found the right one and were pretty lazy to head back, so we tried calling Justin. He picked up and after I said hi and asked where he was in Korean, he hung up! He hung up on me!!!

We had no choice but to walk back to find that person -_-

So yeah, it was a really chillax night despite them having to do 10 pages of handwritten notes as their home work...

And yeah, second part of celebrations! Not bad!

Smile~
Have a great day~~ Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment