Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tea, or me?

Friday was my free day~ I didn't get to sleep as soundly as I wanted to, but I still got whatever sleep I needed, I guess! Woke up at a relaxing time~

So I didn't really have anything to do the whole day so I was just watching videos and whatnot while chatting on Whatsapp. I wanted to leave the room at about 3pm so I can get down to do some grocery shopping, but a certain situation forced me to change my schedule and in the end I couldn't do that like I wanted to. ):
Ultra mega sad. People who know me, know how pissed I get when my schedule changes at the last minute. Can't help it, and don't plan to change it.

Eventually, I could only manage to go out at 4pm, which I realized isn't much time before I had to go for Tea Club at 6pm, so I decided to just window shop, and stopped by Tomato Kimbap for a quick bite before club since I was hungry. Their side dishes are amazing!


So, I joined a Student Club (동아리) in Yonsei~ I joined the Tea Appreciation Club, and that was the only club I signed up for. They had their Welcoming Party on Friday (7 Sept) which I attended! The President is a nice guy, though a little surprising that the president of the Tea Club is a guy. Cool.

I entered the venue and saw two other guys, Justin and Han sitting at a table so I joined that. I initially didn't know them until I realized they're from Singapore too! Joining us at the table afterwards were Claire, from Holland, and Eugene (Rekha's friend), from Australia. They had a good chat, and they later realized that they are all gamers playing Starcraft2 or League of Legends... Except me. Sigh.

But Justin and Han were really interesting. They were the ones leading the conversations and whatnot, cool! And I think my table and the people I met were really friendly :P

After the simple reception... Well, they had sandwiches and kimbap and tea. -_-
The president went ahead and explained the club, in Korean.
Oh yes, we also met the Tea Club from Ewha Women's University! Apparently, both Tea Clubs will meet together every week!

So they brought us to a Makgeolli Place after the presentations. Initially I didn't want to go because I didn't want to drink, but since everybody at the table is going, I went too. Such social pressures! But Meakgeolli is fine, as long as I don't one shot it or something.

The place was really cool, too bad I couldn't take a photo of it because it was too cramped! Makgeolli places are seriously really nice places ^^ The design and all.

Justin, Han, and I had to sit at another isolated table when we reached coz the main long table was kinda full. Then soon, three Ewha girls joined us! So glad I'm not the only girl there anymore, haha.. Claire and Eugene went to sit with the long tables.

And now our new tablemates are Laura, a masters exchange student from Switzerland, and NaYoung, and Da-eun, who were regular students in Ewha. We had a really fun time chatting with all of them. The best thing is that they didn't force to drink, so it was nice.
I practiced some of my Korean, talked about Chinese to Da-eun, and chatted with the rest while I sipped my makgeolli and ate the jeon.



Overall a nice night!

I eventually managed to do some grocery, accompanied by the guys. They eventually also walked me back to I-House, most of the way. Thanks guys! Think that's pretty much a lot of feature you guys have here on my blog =p

So Tea Club, is actually really fun. The people are nice to hang out with, and I can make friends outside of Yonsei! All the while learning and appreciating tea ^^

Before I go, a smile for you~ Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment