Monday, September 3, 2012

First days, and foods.

First day of classes!
I had two lessons only - Intro to family, and Virus & Host.

Intro to family was alright, except that it was located at Samsung Hall.. Which was at a hidden corner of the school. It wasn't very fun walking all the way there because it was near the West gate, and my dorm is at the East gate.

It was only an hour lesson, so I chilled around in the Student Union building... While a mosquito decided to feast on my blood. I promptly smacked it with so much anger that it died on the floor.

Went out of school to grab some naengmyeon coz I had a craving for it... Then walked back to school and chilled some more until Virus and Host started.

Virus and Host was interesting. Wonder why home uni doesn't offer any virology modules. Well, the professor was interested in the Study Abroad students, and read out all our names... While we realized, we're all Singaporeans and know each other.. And the rest of the students are regular students.
Wow.

So something funny happened during V&H today. I was listening to class and felt really sleepy. Even though my eyes were wide open, there was a faulty light right above me and it kept flickering... Which made my eyes feel like they're struggling to stay open (even though in actual fact my eyes weren't even closing). So eventually because of that rubbish, I dozed off for a moment. Sheesh. Fix that light!

So I was trying to navigate myself around Yonsei today and noticed something. Their buildings have no labels. No names. Though on the map they have names, they don't label their buildings so it's easy to have no idea where I am. Sheesh.

Anyway to make up for the break, I shall show you some pictures of food I've eaten during the slackish days. I didn't take pictures of all my food, but I'll show you some.
Watermelon ice cream! Something that is hard to find in Singapore.. They have this everywhere here! It does taste like watermelon, albeit with a little milky taste to it. They also put in some chocolate coated nut bits as the watermelon seeds! Definitely a good snack on a hot day.

Since there is no meal plan here, I always have to find food. So I decided that the dosirak stall at the SK Global lounge shall be my usual dinner place. I tried a few dosirak before, and I love the donkatsu one. This one, though, is pretty good too.. Ddeok galbi dosirak.

On a side note, today I went out to Sinchon with Tara, because she wanted to get a real pillow. Since it was 10,000won, I decided to get one for myself too. And we went to Tomato Kimbap to eat, and I ordered a donkatsu! Wah, happy to the max!

Had some instant porridge thing on a lazy day. This is the crab flavoured one. I must admit, it's pretty delicious for instant stuff. And it's not a large portion, and the price for it isn't very cheap either. But delicious? Yes.

All lazy people have to get stuff like that. Not to mention, it's hard to get fruits for one person in Korea. It's not like they're cheap either. This kinda reminds me of the apple slices I used to get from MacDonalds back home!

This, is a drink. I've seen this on WGM before when Kang Sora bought this for Lee Teuk and changed the 봉봉 to 여봉 (which means like, darling). So I saw it and decided to try it. This drink is amazing! It's just grape juice and it's sweet, but there were some grape bits! Like grapes without the skin and without the core. Just the flesh! Wow. Seriously, super impressed. You should try it.

Today I couldn't eat at the cafeteria at all! Too many people!!

Well, in any case, going back to studying is a fresh experience... Study is never going to be any more enjoyable than it is now, so I had better savour the moments.
A smile for you!
Back to school~! Have a great day and thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Wah... I like the icre cream !!! Awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah... the inserting the capcha so annoying.... stupid blogspot...I meant the blogspot... not you....

    ReplyDelete