Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stuck in dorm

Complains.

Yea, the reason why I haven't been blogging, is because everyday is pretty much the same here. Ever since school started my days have been pretty much mundane, as I always go back to my dorm after lessons.

I didn't really want to type reflective posts here as I believe only close friends of mine would be interested to read. This blog here was created to help students who want to come study here in Korea (more for summer or exchange), and to share my experiences. Reflective posts? Nah...

But let me just do a comparison between my summer and exchange (so far) experience then.
As you might have known, I did a summer programme with Korea University, and now I'm an exchange student in Yonsei University.

Korea University is located at Anam, while Yonsei is located at Sinchon.

To be honest, I loved Anam more that I like Sinchon. I like the serenity and calmness of Anam, the quaint little shops, and how most of what we need can be found around the area, with minimal walking. The streets of Anam have Paris Baguette, Daiso, Baskin Robbins, Yoogane, Ms. & Mr. Potato, Mr. Pizza, Etude House, Tony Moly, Innisfree, and lots more.

While Sinchon has all these too, they are spread out, way spread out, apart from each other.

Convenience-wise, Korea wins without saying. While it takes less than 10 minutes to get from the dormitories to Anam station for KU... Yonsei's dorms are located about 25 minutes away from the station. Come on, please tell me how anyone would be motivated to go out when you have to walk 25 minutes just to get to the station?!

Plus, Sinchon is too crowded. Too many people.

So yeah, I haven't been going out much. Since the weather is cold I did drop by Ewha to pick up some long sleeved tops, but other than that, not much. The amount of money I spend is also scary sometimes as I have long since stopped tracking my expenses. My parents came and after that the system doesn't work anymore, haha~

Oh wells.

Before I go off, I want to thank all who have been reading my blog so far and even though I don't blog regularly now, I still keep you in my heart <3

Feel free to drop me an email!


No comments:

Post a Comment