Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mosquito troubles

Met Rekha in the morning to go for Intro to Family together!

It's my only class for today, though! Surprisingly, although the pace of class was really slow, I didn't doze off at all. Rekha, on the other hand tried really hard to stay awake and succeeded. Today, Prof. Kwon was talking about the definition of family and discussed how we say that a certain circumstance is or isn't a family.

Well, anyway, partly why I didn't fall asleep was because of this sickening mosquito. I sat at my desk ever so happily when I felt something fly around my legs and started swatting around. However, I couldn't find any flying critter so in a short while, I felt two itch spots on my leg. And I was like.. raging inside. After awhile I decided to fold my legs and put them up on a chair so as to reduce surface area for bites, and covered with my pullover.

When all of a sudden I see this flying bug infront of me near the guy sitting in front of me. It was happily buzzing around and landing on his hair. It took all the control I had not to smack it. Then it flew. And disappeared. I identified it as an anopheles mosquito.

All of a sudden, I felt something fly around me folded legs again and started frantically swatting around, and it flew up! It flew up right infront of me into the girl's chair infront of me!

I hate it.

I hate those damn mosquitoes. Somehow they always find me, and they always bite me. No, other people never get bitten by mosquitoes whenever I'm around. Life is just unfair sometimes.

The lesson ended soon and I find myself anxiously running out of the class to save my mosquito-prone self. We headed down to check out the student club booths, and I was mildy tempted to join the ski team. But it isn't very feasible since they start activities during the winter break and I will only be around for the first 12 days of winter break. Rekha went ahead and joined though.

Rekha needed to submit the module add form to Global Lounge, but when we arrived, the staff had gone for lunch! So we headed to the cafeteria to get our lunch as well. I got myself a Shrimp Cream~

It was really delicious and it was a very satisfying lunch! This is too good for school food, seriously. But the food prices aren't exactly cheap so I do appreciate the quality.

After lunch we headed back to global lounge. Rekha had to queue, so I sat around and watched lots of TV... literally.
This is 6 of the 8 TV screens they have there on the panel. So I sat, chilled, texted, and watched TV. There was this weird programme about weird experiments done on people. Not harmful experiments, but just... yea humane ones that I had no idea what the point was.

When Rekha was done we rested awhile before walking back to dorms.

I cleaned up the room a little, washed some stuff. And then rested. Watched a little bit of 'To a Beautiful You'. Only made it past the first episode so far. I actually can't really understand why the main characters do what they do, because nothing much was really explained. I'm on the second episode, and am still confused.

After that I went down with Tara for no good reason other than to accompany her.
And when we're back I decided to shower, and then awhile later, went down to get my dinner as per my regular schedule.
Kimchi fried rice today! It was quite delicious and not excessively spicy so I like it!

Simple dinner. Simple day. Simple me (:
Keep smiling, keep reading, and I shall love you, my dear reader!
Have a great day ahead!

On a side note, the weather is becoming chilly! The sun is warm, but once the wind blows... Brr.. Tara keeps rolling her eyes at me saying I'm silly for thinking that the weather is chilly. But it is! Singapore has never been this chilly without the rain falling down. ):

2 comments:

  1. USE MOPIKO! U made friends with mozzies in Cambodia and even Korea!

    ReplyDelete