Friday, July 13, 2012

Of History and hard work...

Today was pretty interesting.

Started off with Social Psych test, which was doable. It being 25 questions and having 100 marks to it, is a crazy, crazy thing. But I finished it pretty quickly, and went off with some friends to a nearby bistro to have lunch.

We went to an Italian style cafe/bistro that served spaghetti of sorts and other western food.

They served us some bread first, along with a dip. It looks intriguing, and according to Shireen it is balsamic vinegar and olive oil. It looked scary, but I tried it anyway... I did not enjoy the dip much =x
But the bread was really tasty!

I wasn't hungry at all because I had a really filling breakfast: Beef soup and noodles, with some rice, meatballs, half an egg, and a variety of kimchi.

So I just ordered a cola while Shireen and the others had Squid Ink pasta and Seafood spaghetti in a bread bowl (I forgot what it was called exactly). It was kinda funny coz I was looking through the menu, and briefly mentioned squid ink pasta to Shireen, and ended up with two of them ordering that, haha!

We walked back after lunch for classes. Developmental psych was pretty alright today. Talked about children, about their learning...

There was no media class today because the prof dedicated a lesson today so that we can go visit the War Memorial of Korea to do our weekend assignment!
It was pretty easy to get to because it was along the Anam brown line on the subway! And true to prof's words, the place is really beautiful!
Here was the outside of the main part of the memorial. There were exhibits on the outside of it too!

They had displays of the equipments and vehicles they used during the Korean War. They also had a model of the 참수리-357, which was sunk in 2002 and 6 ROKs were sacrificed during the fight. Seungik 오빠 told me a little bit about it yesterday during my chat with him. He talked about how it served as a reminder to him about the Korean War and how it is still ongoing... Hearing him speak like that I spent some time looking around the model...

I spent a lot of time inside the main gallery looking at exhibits showing a lot of Korean history reaching back to those olden days where we see in olden time dramas. But totally rushed at the last part of the exhibit showing Korean War coz the place was about to close!!! >.<

Oh yea, they had an exhibit where we could try out some shooting simulation. I tried it along with some guys (who were strangers), and after the rounds I consistently got significantly higher scores than any of them. So proud of myself, even though it is a simulation, haha! I was accurate OKAY!!! =p

Before I left, I saw this electronic leave-a-message thing, and left my mark.
In case you were wondering why my handwriting is terrible, it's coz it was a touchscreen that wasn't very easy to use... and it had no eraser function?!

Anyway after I left the memorial, I headed towards Sinchon to hopefully meet Jacqueline and Kangwei. It was really frustrating coz I couldn't contact them at all without them having any wifi, and on my side, 3G costs a bomb to use so I was stranded for a very long time. Couldn't find them at all.

And I was super hungry, which amounted to a lot of frustration and anger in me. Stressed till almost cried. After a certain point, and rounds of searching the UPlex building, I gave up and headed to Lotteria near their hostel, and had my long-awaited meal.
Song JoongKi on cup! XD

Finally, met them after a gruelling journey.

But gotta say sorry for losing my temper. ):

We met up, chatted, and laughed~ And then we all went to eat... guess what......
PATBINGSU!

This time we tried the one form Natuur(나뚜루), berry flavour!
I like how they added real strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries...
Not to mention the ice cream!

Heavenly.

Tastes even better when you eat it with friends who know to laugh a long with you and have a good time listening to the lame jokes that I say. ^^

After that, they went to the mart to get marshmallows so they can roast it on the hostel's stove.
The hostel stove heats up really fast, but has no fire so everything was just heatcoils and heat. Better than the crappy hotplates that I've seen in my previous hostel.

They work very well in roasting marshmallows!
They didn't get burnt, and it made the marshmallows have a crispy outside, melted inside!


YUM!

And here I am now, back home talking to my friends ^^

I have to wake up early tomorrow though, so I had better go sleep~

Happy Birthday, Mummy~ <3
I lurrrve you~!



1 comment: