Friday, July 6, 2012

End of the week for lessons!

Lessons have really begun to pick up their pace! Received my first assignment today, which was a review essay. Kind of looking forward to doing it. But I will be resting a little for today.

Today I woke up to gloomy weather. Fortunately I brought my umbrella, pretty pink, to school with me today. It begun drizzling on my way to school and it got really bad during lessons. It hasn't let up a little even at this moment. Ah, rain.

Was afraid my shoes would get wet. I saw people wearing rain boots! I am really tempted to get one of those for days like these. Maybe I will get them while out with my lecture buddies (: Better than wearing slippers out, looks super NOT glam. At all.

Anyway, I have to climb these flight of steps everyday to get to school, or to even get to the subway station! If you can see clearly, we have more than 4 flights to go. Walking under the umbrella in the rain, trying to scale the steps isn't a joke at all! >.< Though I think now you know why I can look forward to a healthier me.

If you think it's bad, Frontier House is actually closer to the outside than CJ International House is! There is another slope leading upwards where I was standing to take this picture, and CJ I-House is way higher up from where Frontier is. Good luck walking all the way back.

Always feel a sense of accomplishment everytime i finish climbing those steps and reach the foyer to Frontier House!

Today the class that stood out to me was the media and pop culture class. We learnt a lot about the perception of Saeteomin, who are North Korean refugees (but not very nice to call them that.) I learnt a lot about how society view them and the problems they face coming from North Korea. A very insightful lesson, really! The video screening was also really informative and eye opening.

See, these are the kind of things you'll never learn by just being in the Korean society.

I didn't have lunch today because it was raining. But I realized it served me well later in the day... and you'll find out why in a moment.

Also, my water bottle has a crack in it. I realized it yesterday and I don't feel like bringing it out anymore. So sad... This bottle is super the cute and I can't believe it broke. Now I have to go water bottle hunting... Maybe I should get one that is winter-friendly.

Anyway after my last class today, met Shireen and the others. I tried calling my parents using Kakaotalk and Viber but none of them picked up. Super neglected sia. ):

But they wanted to go to B2st's Yoseop's family's naengmyeon shop at Seokgye station for dinner. Asked Caili along and we went down to have dinner.
It was pretty easy to locate, since it's very near exit 2 of Seokgye station!


 The inside was a cozy place where we take our shoes off, and there were pictures of B2st, especially Yosoep! We saw a lady that looked like him so we assume that was his mom... She is a really pleasant lady!


We all had relatively different things. Yi Fong and I had normal Naengmyeon, Victoria had bibim-naengmyeon (dry naengmyeon mixed), and Shireen and Caili had dumplings soup. It was really delicious, compared to the naengmyeon I had the previous time. The noodles weren't tangled up, so they were easier to eat. The portion was really huge too! I finished them all coz I was hungry from not having lunch during the day.

So relieved that school is done for the week! Not that I don't enjoy lessons, but I just wanna have a normal, restful day... But really looking forward to meeting Jacq and Kangwei again for nomnoms..

Haha!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment