Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chillax, Relax~

Finally, a day I can rest and wake up as late as I want!

Although, I didn't manage to sleep soundly till 10.30am because the sun woke me up. Having been conditioned to wake up when the sun is of a certain brightness, my consciousness woke me up. Panicked a little because I thought my phone was spoilt, but seriously, the time was only 6.30am.

Summer.
-shrugs- Oh well.

Anyway I just went back to sleep until my alarm woke me up for real at 10.30am. And the first thing I told Caili was, 'I feel like a zombie. Do I look like a zombie?' -rubs eyes-

Well after getting past my zombie state, I just washed up, and went back to flipping through a few more pages of Korean grammar. I think I'm taking it a little too fast coz sometimes I can't recall what I've studied. Sigh.

And after a cup of Milo, which Caili graciously offered, I went off and made my way to Anam Station to meet Seung-Ik, who yesterday offered to have lunch and then bring me to go ask about phone plans.

We had Donkatsu for lunch (: And we talked a little, but apologies if he didn't understand much of what I said... Singaporean accent isn't something that is easy to understand... ): I'll speak a little slower next time...

[And hello to 승익 오빠 if you're visiting my blog (:]

Decided to go visit Jacq and Kangwei at Sinchon after that. And thanks to Seung-Ik, I had a much comfortable time travelling there by taking Line 6 all the way to Hapjeong and then switching to Line 2 up to Sinchon. I actually had a seat on the subway!!!

Oh ya, for Big Bang fans in Singapore (or anywhere in the world), Big Bang is telling you to come visit Korea!

Both Jacq and Kangwei were studying when I arrived... So I just took a rest, practiced a little bit of Korean writing by writing a short paragraph of what I did. Went out to Seoul Station after both of them washed up so we could go to Lotte Mart to buy stuff for home-cooked dinner yay!

The funny part came when Jacq was trying to squeeze everything into her bag as they didn't bring any bags to carry stuff home. I was wondering why they weren't using the boxing station, until I brought it up to them. Apparently, they didn't know they had such service! XD And they've been here longer than me... =p

So, a note to people planning to visit Korea, some supermarts do provide boxing stations so you can pack your purchases into a box and bring them home using eco-friendly methods!

Maybe Singapore should implement such systems... (But my guess would be that there would be aunties coming in to take those cardboard boxes out to sell 'em, cultural differences, I guess. =/)

Was in a good mood anyway, so I bought us a quarter of a watermelon to eat!
There, the chosen watermelon. 3,500 won.
In Singapore we can get one this size for $3?
But anyways, the watermelons here are super huge as compared to the ones we have in Singapore. One full watermelon can easily weigh 10kg, no joke. Those in Singapore can be lifted with one hand easily... But this? NO!

We had a hard time finishing this slice of watermelon, but it was really juicy and sweet, so no regrets.

Me enjoying some watermelon...


Haha, expression of happiness there, do you see it? (:

And oh yeah, during our grocery trip, Jacq and Kangwei bought some skewer for sharing, and they're as sweet as the watermelon I got. Ta-dah! Great friends, no doubt.
Went back to hostel at about 10pm. Reached back at hostel... not sure, I didn't check the time!

Going to church tomorrow (: Really super glad that Seongbuk-Gu has a catholic church..

Getting tired!

I shall end here then~ Catch you guys again tomorrow! And thank you so much for reading!
(If you have any comments or questions or requests, feel free to list them below alright?)

A smile for you~!

No comments:

Post a Comment