Thursday, December 6, 2012

SNOW WHAT?!

So I haven't been here in a long time, as usual. Time flies really fast. So okay, to be honest, I wasn't blogging for a long time for a few reasons, as listed below.

  1. I failed two midterms, and has been feared into studying as and when I could, weeks before the finals. So not the life of an exchange student...
  2. I like to play computer game.
  3. I sleep late everyday.
  4. Communicating with people back home.
So I do actually want to blog about things over here. I don't go out as often anymore because it gets so cold here and the cold just makes me want to snuggle up to the blanket on my bed. 

Few things that I haven't blogged about and eventually would (even if it is after I return home).. are
  1. Singapore Embassy Event
  2. Ski Trip to YongPyeong
Honestly those are the two things I've attended so far.

So today I decided to blog because we experienced our first full-blown snowfall today! Over the past few weeks, we only ever had two incidents of snow flurry. Very tiny bits of snow falling randomly from the sky that melted as quick as it came.

Then the weather forecast predicted snow today, and indeed it came!

It occurred while we were in our Introduction to Family class. The lecturer was going on about family therapy when she exclaimed in Korean that it was snowing outside.
Synchronously, the Korean girls in the class went 'WooooaH~' and everybody just stopped to look out of the windows.

Yes! It was snowing heavily! Then the lecturer mumbled to herself about the snow and resumed lesson.

We were all distracted throughout the lesson due to the snow. Haha!

And after it ended, Rekha and I spent some time taking photos in the snow. In an hour, the snow settled on the ground to form a significant sheet of snow. Suddenly the campus looked unfamiliar as it was dressed entirely in white. 
Sir Underwood, are you feeling cold there?

Even the forest path back to the dorm looked like winter wonderland. There were people there making snowmen even! 

Snow after lessons!

Rekha doesn't even need to try to be cute.
Anyway, it may all seem so amazing here but there is more to snow than just the beauty of it.
Today we learnt how difficult it is to walk when it's snowing.
Look at how thick the layer of snow is! And the thing is, the more people walk on it, the more compact it gets, and dirtier it gets.

So when we walked through the snow with our umbrellas, we realize it doesn't help much. Despite the umbrella being all glorious shelter its user, the snow flies in from everywhere else to stick to your pants, coat, bag, boots, and if you're unlucky, your face.
And because of that, we get damp whenever we enter a building and get warmed up -_-

Not only that, snow makes everything slippery. Especially compacted snow. When the treads in the boots get filled up, and you step into a building with normal flooring, it's slipping galore! >_< No I didn't slip, but there were many near experiences. No joke at all.

Even on snowed floor, there were people slipping! Rekha almost slipped off the curb onto the road -_-

But the snowy weather brings about emotions... Especially on exchange where you're away from friends and family, you kinda just miss their warmth in the coldness of winter. And also, seeing something so beautiful, and something you don't get to experience in a tropical country... You just wished you had them to share it with.

A loved one who you know will be there for you even when you're cold and lonely ^_^

So about this snow thing, there is mixed emotions... Like it, but don't like it at the same time, haha!

My many expressions in the snow...
Not sure what to make of this snow..

Frustratedwith snow flying into me!

Like a grandma taking a stroll through the woods
Damn I look so ugly in all these photos -_-

I made it back into the warmth of my dorm safely anyway~!! ^_^

And oh yea! Today is Jacqueline's birthday~ She must be blessed for the snowfall to occur on her birthday ^_^ Happy 21st~

Signing off,
Cassie!

No comments:

Post a Comment