Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A little taste of Singapore

A long overdue post, my apologies! Now that I am done with school (for now), I can start writing about some of the stuff that I've missed out during my exchange..

One of which was the Singapore Embassy event. To be honest, I am not a very 'hapz' person, so I don't usually go to such events, especially during school days. However, I saw that the Cedar Girls' Secondary School Choir was going to be putting up a performance then, and I just HAD to go!
It would be cool, right, to meet Ms. Chye again? (:

So after we were done with lessons on a tiring Tuesday, Rekha and I met up with MengYu and Lea, and we took a cab down to Lotte Hotel near Myeongdong. Rekha and I didn't dress up that awesomely because we thought we couldn't go. They had some RSVP list and we didn't make it, but we went anyway on last minute notice... And found out that, apparently, there was absolutely no need to be on the RSVP list to attend the event. (Scammed!)

There was a short opening address by the Ambassador, and to be honest, it was pretty heartwarming to hear the Singapore accent again. To top it off, everyone there just spoke in our uniquely Singapore accent, and it was cool. For once we didn't need to speak in pretentious accent just so people would understand what we were speaking. (Koreans learn English the American way, so they can't comprehend our Singapore accent that well) 

After which, the Cedar Girls' Choir performed. They sounded angelic! Ms. Chye, doing excellent work with her choir as usual...
The choir gown is still the same color, but I thought the white looked really good on them. Well, the weather was too cold to wear ONLY the gown. They sang Singaporean songs, one of which was the medley of three songs - Geylang Sipaku Geylang, Ikan Kekek, Chan Mali Chan. I still remember during my time, we sang that exact sang medley. It brought back SO much memories. Haihz.

They sang a few other songs, which were really impressive as well. Ms. Chye seemed to be in a good mood. (:

After the choir was done with their performance, they invited SKarf to give a performance too! For those who don't know, SKarf is a 4-member girl group, with 2 girls from Singapore, and 2 from Korea. So apparently, MengYu is friends with one of them. Wow!!!
SKarf performed two songs, and I guess it was cool because usually when there are celebrities, it is usually a screamfest, or something crazy happens. But since it was a small, private kinda-of setting, it was cool. Just chillin', watching some KPop.

After that we managed to take a photo with them (:

And after all the performances were done, we could start eating. Initially we didn't want to take the food because they only catered for people on the RSVP list. But we didn't really care because we were getting hungry, and had some realllllly good food. Buffet style, with Singaporean flavours, taste of home!!
This was just a small portion of what they really had. Lots of seafood, some chicken, sushis, wow!
Had a really good dinner (:

Oh yes, and I managed to go greet Ms. Chye, who, to my pleasant surprise, still remembers me (:
It's really a conincidence. I haven't been back to Cedar much ever since I left, but now here we are, saying HI to each other in a foreign country (: FATE!

It was overall an enjoyable night~ Left me smiling widely the entire night, haha~!

Thank you, Singapore Embassy!! <3 and SKarf, and most importantly, CGSS Choir!


A smile for you, my dear readers! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment