Monday, June 25, 2012

Korea's - Day 0 and Day 1

After a rushed session of late farewells at Singapore Changi Airport last night, I am finally in Seoul, South Korea! It was my first time flying solo, and I must say, it was pretty awkward... Korean Air was good, and their bibimbap for breakfast on board was fantastic. I tried to watch Sherlock Holmes, but it wasn't very interesting, which contributed to me having sufficient sleep.
Re-energized by this bibimbap. Seriously, I was DAMN hungry, but eating half of it, I felt super full.

Touched down. Walked out of immigrations. Took my luggage. After which I contacted Jacqueline who just woke up. Following instructions, I took Airport Bus 6002 to Sinchon. It took slightly more than 40 minutes, but I got there pretty quick coz instructions were clear. Surprised Jacq and Kangwei!

We rested and chatted for awhile, then changed to go to Myeongdong.
There were many people even though it was a monday afternoon! It's my first time in Myeongdong... The previous two tours I went to never brought me here. So I had the entire day to walk wherever I wanted. But I didn't buy much, some things from Etude House and a shirt from SPAO.
SiHao and Don always mentioned this place and asked me to go visit it. And I did, but they didn't have anything interesting. Went to the merchandise place, but was full of Super Junior and SNSD. The merchandise weren't very fascinating either. But nonetheless, it was an interesting place to be, and to look at merchandise!


Oh ya! We had Seollongtang for lunch today! We went to this place in Myeongdong that has been used for drama filming several times. Here's what it looks like.
I ordered a basic Seollongtang, while Jacq had garlic one, and Kangwei has ginseng one.
Hungry yet? Haha. Fantastic. Delicious. Awesome.

Anyway we walked about an entire day, before we decided to head back. Jacq and Kangwei then decided to cook our own dinner today. They bought some smoked duck, vegetables, toufu, clams, and ramyeon. We put everything together and it looked like this...
Simply. Delicious. Once again. Veggies were cooked by me. My mummy seriously taught me well. Haha!
Glad I got to spend my first day in Korea with awesome friends. Without them I will seriously be a loner sia...

Anyway already missing my family and friends back in Singapore. Especially my Pharoans! They are like super onz now doing Rag and other camps, I feel super left out when it comes to group activities.. Fortunately for technology, I am still keeping up with them through Facebook and Whatsapp...

Tapping wifi whenever I can!

People back in Singapore, thank you for all your support leading up to my trip!

2 comments:

  1. cassandra ssi! you're gonna have so much fun, i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So happy to see you being in Korea! Take care and always update your blog! Take pictures of handsome servers, waiters, classmates, etc that look like idol ok? Hahahaha! That's your mission! :p

    ReplyDelete