Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 2 - Sinchon and more!

Today, we had originally wanted to wake up at about 8.30am. The alarm did ring, but my two buddies weren't waking up even though I woke up... So we continued sleeping till about 10+. After which we had Nutella toast for breakfast, reminded me so much of SCamp! This time, though, we could have as thick a Nutella layer as we wanted!

We walked down from Chocolate Tree to Sinchon Women's Street. They had really cheap women's clothings! A lot of things there were at about 10,000 won each, some even only 5,000!
Streets were pretty quiet where we were. Took this when my two friends were having fun in a store looking at bags and shorts and whatnot. The weather was pretty hot, but not too hot that I'd perspire that much. The winds were cool, unlike Singapore's...

We ordered some food for lunch, ordered two to share amongst three because we weren't really hungry. The top one is dolsot bibimbap, and the bottom is pizza cutlet. It was delicious and filling!
Happy after having lunch... After which we walked around a little more and made it to Ewha Women's University! We didn't go all the way in, but we took some photos near the entrance. Even from the outside, the place looks fabulous! I wished my school back at home looked like that, even a little! This is too cool!

One of the entrances to the insides of Ewha University! There were doors along the stretch, and it leads to some places in there. Didn't really explore much...

Oh ya, today we tried to go to KT Olleh Headquarters (a.k.a. Olleh Square) to try to get a prepaid card for myself. However, my foreigner status hasn't been registered with the ministry yet, so I have to wait for a few more days before I can get my prepaid card. Same goes for the bank account. Before my status is confirmed with the government, there is no way I can get a bank account.

In any case, when I get my number, I will be writing a post about getting a prepaid card!
Hopefully, it can help travelers and students in the future.

Anyway I spent quite a lot today buying clothes and stuff. Not gonna take photos of my purchases aww... Oh btw, that bunny shirt there I'm wearing? I bought it from SPAO! Comfy yea! 

Somehow, today a lady in her car tried to stop us to ask for directions. But obviously we don't know! Do we really look Korean? Haha...

Today the winds in the evening was really cold. We went to walk at Dongdaemun a little, and then it started getting really cold! Something we will never get back in Singapore. It was so cold that Jacq was complaining, and cold enough that people who are afraid of cold will want to bring a jacket. Haha!

That concludes my second day in Korea... Only have about three more days of play before I have to live apart from Jacqueline and Kangwei. Sadded.

But more to look forward to, like visits from YuYang, Mel, and Gel... And my Parents! Too bad my boy Ricky can't come along. Here's a picture of my precious baby boy and me:

Oh wells, I shall be turning in for the night! See you guys soon and thanks for reading!

Special shoutout to my Korean Class buddies who sent me a lovely video greeting today!

1 comment: