Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Checking in for a peep

Hello there!

Nice to see you here again~ If you want to know, I'm fine. Apart from some personal issues and stuff, I am mighty fine and smiling everyday from cheek to cheek (:

Well, the weather's getting colder as we reach the peak of fall and everything is starting to cool into winter. We average about 20 degrees everyday recently, with the nights falling below 20, into the 16s and 17s!

It's hard to dress, to be honest. In the mornings, it's really chilly. But because they do not switch on the air conditioners in their classrooms so everyday it's really stuffy in the classroom >.< HELP!
Not only that, mosquitoes live in the classrooms and I see many of them flying around every single lesson.

I make it my duty to catch as many as I can, but let me tell you, it's a really disgusting thing to be grabbing those things in the air.

So if I wear something warm, I will be melting in the classroom, and if I don't, and I stay out late, then I freeze. Sigh.

Though, the weather is better than the hot hot weather Singapore is perpetually stuck in...

So throughout my school life here, I haven't been attending a lot of outings because they always involve drinking, partying, or clubbing. Neither of the above suits me at all, so I am quite turned off by it. Sorry, I'm not a party animal.

The drinking here is scary.

The smoking here is equally as scary.

I just avoid it.

They also stay out really late and it isn't good for health, I'd much rather stay home.

I know many people say that exchange is a time to let your hair down, experience their culture, and do whatever things you can't or won't do back at home. However, I refuse to change myself to be drawn into their drinking and smoking culture.

Health, is still more important. So is safety.

Having fun is one thing, and being true to yourself is another. I mean, nobody should force you to do things you don't want to do!

So well, anyway~ Looking forward to the leaves changing colour starting about next week! Actually some plants are slowly yellowing their leaves already (: Half-pretty sight~
Look at this building in Yonsei! The vines on it are starting to turn red a little (:

BLUSH!

Haha~ I'll post more photos when the trees are in their full glory.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment